Beild House Inn
Cranberry Resort(Collingwood)
$96
$78
Days Inn & Suites Collingwood(Collingwood)(Great Value!)
$92
Living Water Resort(Collingwood)(Great Value!)
$151
Milestone Motel(Collingwood)
$77
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have just returned from spending a fabulous weekend at Beild House. We arrived late (due to a huge snowstorm) and were greeted warmly and made to feel very welcome. Beild House has so much character, and, personality. Our room was lovely, and, very cozy. We were in the area for a fundraising event, however, the package offered by Beild House kept us busy all weekend!! We took advantage of the Scandinave Spa on the night we arrived, and, it was much needed after a harrowing drive. What a great way to relax! We thoroughly enjoyed the wine tour at Georgian Vineyards, as well as, the spa services at the B&B. (the staff were so accommodating despite the fact that we were running late!! Thank you girls!!)
We thoroughly enjoyed a spectacular five course dinner on Saturday night at Beild Ho.use. We appreciated the efforts to utilize local sources for products and ingredients Our highest compliments to the chef. It was very difficult to select what we would like for our courses, from the menu offered, as the choices were all so tempting. It was very obvious that each dish reflected the chef's passion for his trade, and, his presentation was beautiful. It was lovely to speak to the chef following our meal.
As well, we enjoyed a lively conversation with the house owner. He, too, showed passion for his business and caring for his community.
We would love to stay at Beild House again, and, highly recommend it to anyone. Although we do not, typically, stay at B&B's, this establishment was nothing less than welcoming, comfortable, accommodating, and, a lovely relaxing place to share our weekend.

Room Tip: Please bear in mind that this is an older building...therefore, like all nicely aged homes, the floors can be squeaky and the walls somewhat thinner....so it can be a bit noisy!!! It is not the Holiday Inn! Otherwise, it is a lovely place to stay......
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have been to the Beild house 4 times now and love it each time, this last time was a birthday celebration for myself planned by my hubby and it was wonderful we got upgraded to a room with a nice fireplace, he ordered the romance package so we had rose pettles, candles and some goodies waiting for us after our dinner out. Breakfast in bed was faboulous and delivered on time. All in all the staff is very helpful rooms and are all very clean. I am sure we will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 5 this time around but by far my fav room in the house is the one on the 3rd floor the first time we stayed. I believe they told us it was where the children use to stay when the house was used as a home.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We just stayed at the Beild House from Fri to Sunday.. Arrived on Friday afternoon just as tea was being served... Amy was great.. so informative.. friendly and showed us everything. We were in room #4. It was quite small but acceptable (what do you expect for a B & B you are in a house). Couple of comments though on the room. The furniture (tables )were a bit unsteady and we were over the kitchen. I am a light sleeper so I heard them talking in the morning and the fans going on. This room had a fireplace.. but because of that if it wasn't on it was cold, if it was on it got too hot... So when we go back I will ask to probably be in room 7 or 8 down the hallway that had no fireplace and seemed a bit bigger. We looked into room 6 - big king size bed.. was a much bigger room - quite nice. On the main floor I think room #1 - is a suite with 2 bedrooms and a lounge and a front porch to sit one so could be good for two couples to stay in. Didn't see any other rooms to offer comments.

The breakfast on Sat was ok. Wasn't very warm - Blueberry bread was great and coffee good. Breakfast on Sunday - I had the Blueberry French Toast.. very nice. At Tea time 4- 5:30 they put out home baked goodies.. I heard they were good (I just don't eat sweets). We had dinner there on the Sat night with 7 other people. Had a great time - getting to know everyone and having a few laughs. I had the lamb- was a little disappointed should have gone with the Steak.. people around me said steak was excellent. The coconut shrimps ok.. greek salad good - spinach salad I heard was GREAT! Also had the cheese tray - was ok.

On the main level is an area to relax, sit and read one of the many books that are around. There is a fireplace.. it was cozy. There is alot of "old" english history on the walls.. and our room had pictures of the royal family. So I'm thinking the theme is "old" english style. So if you like modern - go stay at the Holiday Inn. We ended up meeting a lovely couple whom we ended up going x country skiing with on Sunday.

You can come and go when you want - no restrictions. All in all a lovely place to stay vs the sterile - box cutter hotels and motels that we've usually stayed in. We will go back but ask for a different room and will not stay for dinner.... head to somewhere different to try out new places.

To the owners - I agree on a couple of previous reviews re: the carpets getting cleaned or updated but I do understand with how much traffic there is the wear and tear but maybe it's time for a change. Our bed spread wasn't very warm.. and there wasn't an extra blanket in the room to use. We only had two small mirrors - no long mirror in our room. Would have liked to be able to get some hot water (kettle) during the day to have a tea and not have to wait for the "tea time".

Room Tip: I think all the rooms were probably good..Because I'm a light sleeper wouldn't stay in #4 again.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2013

What a wonderful step back in time! From the moment we walked through the door of The Beild House Country Inn, we were wrapped in hospitality and history. Eclectic details fill every room. We enjoyed our afternoon tea by the fireplace, while we talked to Eric the Chef. Centrally located, we walked to the Stuffed Pheasant for dinner, and then retired to enjoy our poster bed and fireplace.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I booked the Beild House for a romantic weekend and we were not dissapointed. The minute we walked through the door Amy was very pleasant and full of knowledge about the area. we stayed in room #14 and it was very cute. My husband has never stayed at a B&B and he said if we ever come back to Collingwood he would like to come back to the Beild House. The service was amazing and all of the staff was so very helpful during out stay. The location is very conveniant to everything either by car or walking. The food at the Beild house can't even be explained how good it is, you actually have to go and try it yourself. We also received a massage at the spa downstairs and Cindy was wonderful and we will ask for her next time we are back. At the end of our stay Amy was kind enough to give us a tour of all of the other rooms in the house. I would recommend booking room # 12 if you want something very special. I have called and already booked a trip for my parents in April and yes they will be staying in room #12. I could sit here and write for hours of how great everything was at the Beild House because it was trully a great experience for both of us.

Room Tip: I would choose room # 12 next time I go and stay at the Beild House