After having read a number of reviews and being concerned about the number of unfavourable reviews we did a last-minute booking here for the labour day long weekend. This was NOT part of a time share sales program
We booked a 2-bedroom condo.and were quite happy to be upgraded to a 3 bedroom condo. Spacewise the condo was almost as big as my 3 bedroom townhouse. We were expecting something cramped so we were exited to get a place so big.
The paint inside looked fairly new, the couches and beds were comfortable and looked to be in good shape.
We used both the outdoor and indoor pools and hot tubs. Yes the outdoor one was not brand new, but it was still in good condition, and very kid friendly. Having the bar right beside the outdoor pool was an added bonus, though I personally do not believe that alcohol should be served poolside.
We used a $10 off voucher to dine at the on-site restaurant. Most hotels try and overcharge you for meals. Thankfully this place didn't. The prices on the menu were quite reasonable. Both my wife and I had and enjoyed the roast beef special. Including tax and tip we were around $65 for a family of 5. The waitress and hostess were quite accommodating and helped us get our rambunctous 3 year old reigned in.
NB: for dinner service the gratuity is included in the bill, but our server definitely earned her tip
All-in-all it was a good trip, and we will definitely go back..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Bay Hotel offers superior hotel rooms, one, two, and three bedroom suites, indoor and outdoor pools, a tennis court, a children's playground, a workout room, and Superstition Golf, a spectacularly landscaped 18 hole professional family putting course. Our recent renovations have transformed Georgian Bay Hotel and Conference Centre into a stunning venue. From corporate events, corporate meetings and retreats, weddings and private parties, our freshly re-designed event rooms are ideal for a variety of occasions. State-of-the-art technology and a selection of venues that vary from small intimate events to ballrooms that can accommodate up to 400 plus people make the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Center the perfect location for your next meeting, retreat or event. The Spa at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Our intimate spa setting is sure to help you leave your cares behind. If your personal goal is relaxation, beautification or wellness our highly trained staff can help. The combination of comfort and personalized attention will be sure to fulfill your vision of the perfect day spa experience. We provide a full line of services including registered massage therapy, specialty body treatments, skin care using Eminence Organic products, hand and foot care, and specialized retreat days. Our spa professionals are dedicated to creating and providing customized treatments that will exceed your expectations in both product quality and service. Book a party and our spa manager will be happy to help plan for any special occasion. Gustav Chophouse & Bar? Offering a unique, refined and comfortable dining destination located in the lobby of the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre. As the name suggests, Gustav offers classic chophouse fare with a modern touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgian Manor Hotel Collingwood
- Georgian Manor Collingwood
- Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Collingwood, Ontario