I have never written a review however felt like this one definitely needed to be written. I have stayed in many, many hotels and this one was by far, the worst ever. My husband and I are very easy going and when we travel, stay in average hotels so this isn't being rated on a "Hilton" type expectancy. To begin, the resort is definitely in need of a makeover-to name just a FEW: chipped tiles in the lobby, pool tiles falling off, extremely OUTDATED decor, dirty looking carpets in the room and worn out furniture. Upon arrival to our room, when I pulled back the duvet cover on one of our beds ( as I always do), I noticed there was a RED stain ( definitely large enough to not go unnoticed). This was brought to the attention of the staff and on a positive note, the duvet cover was changed immediately. Our room was located on the main floor right next to the housekeeping
Office-all I could hear were doors slamming throughout the early evening and early morning-quite annoying to say the least. More annoying was the CONSTANT creaking ceiling every couple of minutes especially during the night-read other comments where this was also noted. The heating system was just crazy in the room-also read other comments about this. It was NEVER comfortable-either too hot or too cold. Wi-Fi was HORRIBLE in our room, could barely get a signal and when I did, would lose it right away so I just gave up. My husband and I attended the supposed 90 minute time share presentation which turned into 3 hrs!! Very annoyed since we had two children who were left at the "club-house", the youngest, 18 months old-kids needed to eat and we had a ski lesson to get to for our 4 1/2 yr old-we mentioned this during our meeting but it still dragged on-very dishonest sales people-three different price offers from three different reps-odd how a cheaper price is only offered when you decline the first and so on....needless to say we weren't suckered in. The club house/daycare, you felt like you were walking into a clubhouse from the 60's-very musty, dirty toys, disgusting dirty floor vent right in the center of the toy room where the kids play and very HOT in there-they actually had a portable a/c unit running the second day. On a good note, "Stephanie" was just fantastic with the kids. The spa was probably the best experience for me-very friendly staff and very modern! Breakfast was tasty but the waitress started off on the wrong foot from the moment my husband asked for a more secluded table ( guess he was concerned about the kids being a little loud) her comment when he asked if she had a table for four ( and I am not joking here), "if you tell me your going to be rowdy, then no I don't have one"....I couldn't believe it!! Definitely would NOT step back in that hotel again-stay at the "Cranberry"heard great things about it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Bay Hotel offers superior hotel rooms, one, two, and three bedroom suites, indoor and outdoor pools, a tennis court, a children's playground, a workout room, and Superstition Golf, a spectacularly landscaped 18 hole professional family putting course. Our recent renovations have transformed Georgian Bay Hotel and Conference Centre into a stunning venue. From corporate events, corporate meetings and retreats, weddings and private parties, our freshly re-designed event rooms are ideal for a variety of occasions. State-of-the-art technology and a selection of venues that vary from small intimate events to ballrooms that can accommodate up to 400 plus people make the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Center the perfect location for your next meeting, retreat or event. The Spa at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Our intimate spa setting is sure to help you leave your cares behind. If your personal goal is relaxation, beautification or wellness our highly trained staff can help. The combination of comfort and personalized attention will be sure to fulfill your vision of the perfect day spa experience. We provide a full line of services including registered massage therapy, specialty body treatments, skin care using Eminence Organic products, hand and foot care, and specialized retreat days. Our spa professionals are dedicated to creating and providing customized treatments that will exceed your expectations in both product quality and service. Book a party and our spa manager will be happy to help plan for any special occasion. Gustav Chophouse & Bar? Offering a unique, refined and comfortable dining destination located in the lobby of the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre. As the name suggests, Gustav offers classic chophouse fare with a modern touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgian Manor Hotel Collingwood
- Georgian Manor Collingwood
- Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Collingwood, Ontario