We have just escaped. The room was about par for $65. Food was adequate. Sales pitch interesting if your into red hot needles. They started their "it's not a timeshare pitch" at 9:30 got out at noon.
Good cop is older motherly type telling us of all things that are sunshine and light. She also breaks the news of the $30,000 pricetag.
Not interested you say. Up goes the hand for the special catalogue. The assistant informs her that there is not one available and she will look in the office. This was the signal. Here comes phase two. She is a thirtysomething with an attidude who is not used to hearing no.The bad cop now reads us the riot act. You will not get this opportunity again.
Who cares if you have to send the kids to college this is for you. I can drop the price from 30000 to 20000 then to 15000 then 10900. Still wondering how to finance? We have it available at 21.9%. No, you say.
Hmm, how about we take it off the books, you like Enron, no reporting agencies etc. Want to take a look at the fine print. How dare you say that to me! I am Uber Frau and I will tell you how it is. Still no.
Fine!!!!!!!! she says and storms off. Now phase three. The sweet youngster. This twentysomething woman will now "sign us out". She is the final assault. She goes down to 2,700. Can you believe this. From $30,000 to $2,700 what a deal we have offered you. You'd be a fool not to sign on. What was that, you want your lawyer to look at it. No way , not a piece of paper will leave this place without my sayso.
Take care and enjoy your stay. P.S. They still haven't got the hot water problem fixed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Bay Hotel offers superior hotel rooms, one, two, and three bedroom suites, indoor and outdoor pools, a tennis court, a children's playground, a workout room, and Superstition Golf, a spectacularly landscaped 18 hole professional family putting course. Our recent renovations have transformed Georgian Bay Hotel and Conference Centre into a stunning venue. From corporate events, corporate meetings and retreats, weddings and private parties, our freshly re-designed event rooms are ideal for a variety of occasions. State-of-the-art technology and a selection of venues that vary from small intimate events to ballrooms that can accommodate up to 400 plus people make the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Center the perfect location for your next meeting, retreat or event. The Spa at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Our intimate spa setting is sure to help you leave your cares behind. If your personal goal is relaxation, beautification or wellness our highly trained staff can help. The combination of comfort and personalized attention will be sure to fulfill your vision of the perfect day spa experience. We provide a full line of services including registered massage therapy, specialty body treatments, skin care using Eminence Organic products, hand and foot care, and specialized retreat days. Our spa professionals are dedicated to creating and providing customized treatments that will exceed your expectations in both product quality and service. Book a party and our spa manager will be happy to help plan for any special occasion. Gustav Chophouse & Bar? Offering a unique, refined and comfortable dining destination located in the lobby of the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre. As the name suggests, Gustav offers classic chophouse fare with a modern touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgian Manor Hotel Collingwood
- Georgian Manor Collingwood
- Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Collingwood, Ontario