“Stay away***very very rude staff***less than average resort***”

Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Stay away***very very rude staff***less than average resort***”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We unfortunately (yes....really unfortunately) bought the dealfind voucher for this below grade resort where the staff does not not even what customer service means. All of them, honestly all of them are very very rude...specially, I think, they are told to behave this way with people who want to use this voucher. Starting from the time of booking, we did not get any help. Finally when we were able to get a room, the room we were given was on the farthest end of the whole resort even though we requested for it near the centre as we were travelling with two young kids. Nobody seemed to care or atleast show that they cared. Food is horrible, cold most of the time. And the most funniest thing was even though we ordered as a family they brought two orders when everybody was done eating and the lame excuse they gave was they had to make it from scratch. Waiters and specially the manager were the most rudest person I have ever seen with lots and lots of attitude. Spa services were from hell and I can tell for sure that the therapist that they have are totally inexperienced and unwelcoming. I was expecting a relaxing get away but in the end what we got was sub-par, aggravating, and most third-class rated service you would ever get. I have seen a lot better services at a 2 star or no star road side motels..... All of you who are reading this, please do yourself a huge favour and stay away from this resort.....and you will be very glad that you did,even if you have bought the voucher please dont put yourself and your family in a akward situation and if you are thinking of booking this resort for a relaxing and nice get away, please stay away...If you read the reviews on this site, it will tell you the whole story....I am sure the management is aware of this and still they dont want to do anything about it. OMG....I really feel for the people who were sucked into buying timeshare for this property.....All I can say is All the best..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank bytheway24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Barrie, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Hello,
My daughter, granddaughter and I went to the Georgian Manor Resort as a get away since we had not seen each other since Easter. When we arrived the people seemed nice enough who worked at the hotel, however, when it came to our spa appointment everything spiralled downward. Our voucher we purchased included two 30 minute messages and one mani pedi. When I made the appointment over the phone with the spa, we booked my daughter in first for 4pm and then me in for 4.30 for the massages. I explained we could not do the massages at the same time because someone had to watch my 16 month old granddaughter. At the same time of making this appointment i told the spa we will be purchasing a second mani pedi and that the mani pedi's were to be given at the same time. They said it wouldn't be a problem.

On the day of, my daughter went down at 10 to 4 for her massage. Instead of receiving a lovely 30 minute massage she received a 20 minute massage, that half way through the woman throw a scorching hot towel on her back with out explaining she was going to do so first.

When she came out she was instructed to go to the pedicure chairs so they could get started on it. We specifically told them we didn't want to have the mani pedi separately over the phone and on the day prior to starting. The spa people became rude, insulting and pushy. They told us I had to have my massage before the mani pedi and that i couldnt do it after, they said they could not wait for me to finish my massage to start the mani pedi together because they couldnt "just keep the spa open later for just us, because they have small children at home too" even though in the resort information guide it states the spa is open till 8pm and not 5 like they were telling us.
We then suggested we swap the service of one of the massages for the mani pedi, since they were in fact the same price, at first they agreed but then proceeded to still charge us $50 for the added mani pedi but not give me a massage.

They had a Keurig out for people to help themselves to with a carasel of coffees to choose from, there were no coffee cups or cream available so my daughter had to ask for a coffee cup so she could make a coffee. When she asked for some cream, the 'assistant manager' proceeded to pick up her cup to take it into the back room. My daughter asked her to not take her coffee away and to please bring the cream out front so she could pour it herself. Immediately the manager started yelling "how dare she suggest something so horrible", "this is not that kind of place to do something so disgusting!", "how dare you suggest i would defile your cofffee in some way!" - clearly it was already on her mind.

My Daughter and I are both Australian, the final words that lead us to leave were them telling us that clearing we don't understand the English language because in Canada swap and substitute mean two completely different things.

By the end of the argument about our services we were in tilted to, my daughter and i were so upset by the way they were talking and treating us we no longer trusted them to provide a relaxing service, let alone were accepting of them touching us and left. We did not receive any manicures or pedicures and only one TWENTY minute massage instead of the instructed 30 minutes.

After everything with the spa, we went to front desk to explain what had happened, the lady called her manager and they gave us a $25 dinner voucher to try and make up for the disgusting treatment we had received.

The restaurant staff were welcoming and helpful. They had delightful senses of humour and were very professional in there mannerisms. All of our meals were very delicious and the morning buffet was a fun experience watching them make your eggs and waffles in front of you. The lamb shanks were to die for.

Even though we feel that we were treated well by the hotel staff the treatment by the spa completely destroyed our what should have been relaxing getaway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
14 Thank slowloh
Duane97, Manager at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. Our goal at Chill Spa is to provide high-quality professional service and we endeavor to resolve misunderstandings in a professional manner. In this particular case, we did everything possible to work with you, but we also understand not everyone is open to resolution or the options we are able to provide. I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to the resort guest who was at the spa at this same time and attempted to intervene in behalf of the staff in order to assist in resolving an unfortunate situation. Although her attempt was unsuccessful, she took the initiative to come forward the next day with an objective eyewitness account in defense of the staff here at Chill Spa. I appreciate her initiative and am reassured of the professionalism of the staff at Chill Spa.
Manager
Chill Spa

Travelers are raving about these Collingwood hotels

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I spent 2 nights at this resort and have mixed feelings for a few reasons, including the fact that we bought through a voucher deal and that my partner was incredibly ill while we were there (neither of which are the fault of the resort).

My experience with booking the reservation was similar to others - very disorganized, always getting transferred and not getting replies to my calls or emails (I like to get confirmation in writing, especially when purchased through a voucher).

Check in was smooth even though we arrived an hour early. We received a King Suite as requested and the bed was amazingly comfortable. We also had a mini-fridge, microwave, and DVD player which all came in handy. We were quite happy with the room, although the heating was a little crude (hard to find a nice medium).

By far our biggest issue (besides my partner having to go to the hospital twice) was the time-share people. We were told that the ONLY time to do the mandatory 90 minute time share meeting was at 9:30am on our only full day there. We would have much preferred to do it on the following day before we checked out, but were told this wasn't possible. Unfortunately, my partner was too sick to attend, so when I tried to go myself, I was told that I couldn't do it alone, and that if he was feeling better, we could attend the next day (despite being told initially that there wasn't one the following day)! Very frustrating. In the end, he still wasn't feeling great so they told us not to worry about it and were very empathetic - although the fact that we're a young couple who are clearly not the target audience may have influenced their lack of pressure.

We ordered in from the restaurant one night and unfortunately waited an hour before finally going down to see what happened (they were supposed to call when it was ready). We were told that there had been a computer error and it would be ready in a few minutes. Computer errors are understandable, but the lack of communication was frustrating. The staff was very apologetic, and when we got our food, it was very good. Prices were reasonable considering it was the only source of food on the resort.

We didn't go in the pool or hot tub. I had some spa services included in the package and thoroughly enjoyed them. We also spent a bit of time in the arcade and enjoyed that, too (there's one just past the spa that's better than the one off the pool).

The grounds looked lovely and I imagine it's a nice place to visit in the summer. It is very close to town and easy to find. Overall, I was pleased and thought it was well worth the deal we got. But I find the biggest factor when travelling to a new place is your attitude - commit to having a good time and you will!

Room Tip: 236 and 237 at the end of the hall are very quiet - there seemed to be a lot of hallway traffic whic...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jess_a828
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

My family went to celebrate my daughters birthdays... Just booking the date was a 3 week ordeal.
tried to book the spa and again no help people didn't get back to us and when we arrived it was our fault we did not book it ahead of time...
Credits that were included in the package were only good for before tax and gratuities are forced. Very much undeserved.
We ate at the restaurant sub par, if this is a country club... the standards are -1 star....
the facility is 10 years old and it shows.
The only reason they give you a deal at all is they want you to buy a time share... beware!!!!!
Simply this place sucks...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Jim M
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I bought a DEAL FIND voucher for a stay at Georgian Manor Resort, for two nights sunday - thursday or one night on the weekend. We decided to check in sunday and check out tuesday. The drive was so pretty and gorgeous. Check in went smoothly and front desk laddies were VERY nice and friendly. Got to our room and was clean, we had one king size bed, very comfy, was quite at night and warm. We did not upgrade, or anything like that, the room is exactly what they say, a standard room. there was nothing wrong with the room at all.

We ate every meal at there on sight restaurant, amazing food, well priced, and soooooooo friendly people.

We went to for our spa appts and they were so relaxing and the girls there were so nice.

We also used the indoor pool, nothing special, just a normal pool, maybe an upgrade would make it amazing, but nothing very wrong with it, just simple. Hot tub was nice and HOT.

I wish it was golf season and tennis season , just so i could try it out, but it looked pretty and like it would have been lots of fun.

The timeshare presentation was NOT bad at all, i did not feel presured to buy or anything like that, all the people we spoke to were very nice, and funny.

Over all our stay was amazing, it was nice to get away for a few days and relax, we can not wait to come up again!!!

Room Tip: Have an open mind and dont believe everything you read on here, some people are just way to fussy!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Roxy C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

First time at GM in Collingwood...booked using Platinum Rewards. Very nice accomodation...roomy, clean, 1Br suite fully equipped, bathroom and ensuite very nice...need to get quality frying pans and other cookery in kitchen. Front desk friendly, efficient. Front foyer of resort is shabby! We would stay again. Pool/sauna area needs updating and cleaning.

Room Tip: Ask for recently reno'd rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was there with my husband at 2011 for only 2 days. We left after 1 night. Our room was smelly. We bought RCI membership which was a big mistake. I cant get out so impossible to cancel. What ever you want to book, nothing available. Horrible service.... DON'T BUY RCI>
The guy who sold a membership for us he didn't tell us many important information. I lost already lot of money. I can't wait to get out of this.
Very negative memories from this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank JAndrea_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
#8 of 11 in Collingwood
Living Water Resort
Living Water Resort
#2 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!