My husband and I purchased a DealFind voucher for the Georgian Manor Resort for $89: it included two nights stay in a renovated room,two mani-pedis, two 30 minute relaxation massages, a facial and a credit to dinner or on-site mini putt. Catch was, we had to attend a 90 minute sales pitch. I was apprehensive about what to expect, since the reviews are not exactly in their favour, but we were pleasantly surprised.
Check in was quick and easy, and they do not take a deposit and hold it for months, as some have said. Rather, they put a hold of $100 on your card, and the services you partake in during your stay are billed to your room, and the discounts are applied then. If you choose not to redeem your extra services like the spa or dinner, you get the $100 back at checkout, minus tax. Keep in mind, tax on the DealFind voucher (about $11) and gratuities are not included, so all the spa treatments cost us $40 (deducted from the $100 "hold"), and for two of us, dinner cost around $30 after the $25 discount, also conveniently charged to the room and deducted from the "hold". We also had three drinks at the bar, and all that pretty much covered the whole $100 hold. We felt this was still money well spent; for all that we received, we had still spent under $200 for two nights/three days.
The spa is newly renovated and staff are friendly. Book your spa appointments well in advance to make sure they have appointments available during your stay! Try to find out beforehand when your tour will be so that you don't double book.
The room was average, with an updated bathroom and fairly new decor. Included a microwave and mini-fridge (which contained someone's old take out food - whoops!), a television which emitted some serious electronic noise no matter what channel it was on, and a small balcony overlooking the pool.
We opted for the dinner credit instead of mini putt (though the course looked pretty nice and we saw lots of people out playing). The restaurant is pretty outdated but cozy, food was about on par with what you'd get at a wedding reception; pretty generic but not bad overall. Have uploaded pictures of the room and food.
The 90 minute sales pitch was scheduled for 9am the day after we arrived. Kind of a pain to drag yourself outta bed early on vacation and attend something like that. They provide coffee, tea and juice before they sit you down and give you the pitch. It ran a bit long, but we were chatting with the guy throughout. If you're not interested, grin and bear it, and politely decline when it comes time to buy. It does seem like a good deal, if you have the money to travel, it definitely would have its' perks. Just remember, it's their job to try to sell it to you, so there's no need to be rude. They are very friendly, eager to please and we didn't feel pressured or obligated to buy anything we weren't ready for. We may even consider it in the future.
Overall, the amenities were nice, the staff were friendly, spa was relaxing... It was a nice trip. Don't expect the Shangri-La, but we would do it again for the price we paid. Definitely not worth their advertised "$220" per night for those without DealFind vouchers or Groupons, but judging on how full the sales pitch room was, and how small the hotel is, I don't think there were many (if any) full-price paying customers anyhow.
It seems like they're attempting to update the whole place slowly but surely, so I would imagine it can only get better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Bay Hotel offers superior hotel rooms, one, two, and three bedroom suites, indoor and outdoor pools, a tennis court, a children's playground, a workout room, and Superstition Golf, a spectacularly landscaped 18 hole professional family putting course. Our recent renovations have transformed Georgian Bay Hotel and Conference Centre into a stunning venue. From corporate events, corporate meetings and retreats, weddings and private parties, our freshly re-designed event rooms are ideal for a variety of occasions. State-of-the-art technology and a selection of venues that vary from small intimate events to ballrooms that can accommodate up to 400 plus people make the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Center the perfect location for your next meeting, retreat or event. The Spa at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Our intimate spa setting is sure to help you leave your cares behind. If your personal goal is relaxation, beautification or wellness our highly trained staff can help. The combination of comfort and personalized attention will be sure to fulfill your vision of the perfect day spa experience. We provide a full line of services including registered massage therapy, specialty body treatments, skin care using Eminence Organic products, hand and foot care, and specialized retreat days. Our spa professionals are dedicated to creating and providing customized treatments that will exceed your expectations in both product quality and service. Book a party and our spa manager will be happy to help plan for any special occasion. Gustav Chophouse & Bar? Offering a unique, refined and comfortable dining destination located in the lobby of the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre. As the name suggests, Gustav offers classic chophouse fare with a modern touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgian Manor Hotel Collingwood
- Georgian Manor Collingwood
- Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Collingwood, Ontario