We also "won" a trip to The Georgian Manor in the fall (slow season) and were very grateful for the reviews here to understand what we were in for with the sales pitch portion. I want to thank people for preparing us - it made the whole trip much nicer because we were aware of what we were getting into. As a result our experience was generally very positive. The good stuff: The grounds are nice, the room was well decorated and spacious with a nice bathroom and good water pressure. Room included wifi, full cable, fridge, coffee maker, balconey, etc. Not a terrific view (parking lot) but relatively quiet. The staff were friendly and the restaurant was good esp in the mornings. Special mention to the singer who performed live on Friday night in the cozy lounge beside the restaurant during and after dinner - Jason Redman - he was very good! The indoor pool is very small and needs re-tiling but we had it all to ourselves on Friday morning (with our kids) so we enjoyed that. The temperature was warm and the hot tub beside was fine. I went to the spa and had a terrific massage and good manicure. The play ground area is a little sparce - could be enhanced. My children enjoyed swimming, the video game room, walking the grounds (and across to the bay) and playing in the clubhouse (for a small amount of time only). We took in the local sites and must make special mention of the scenic caves attraction about 15 minutes away. Okay - the challenge was the sales pitch. Supposed to be 90 minutes but lasted more like 2 hours. I thought it was a time share for the resort but it is actually a sales pitch for a "vacation lifestyle" kind of time share - they really work on your dreams and hopes (who doesn't wish to travel more and see the world) and won't reveal any of the real numbers until the very end when they overwhelm people and ulitmatley expect you to committ to thousands with very little information or time. Make sure to ask hard questions and really crunch numbers). If you balk at all the friendliness stops and the hard sell begins. Remember, if unlimited 5 star vacations anywhere in the world sounds too good to be true, it probably is. They want a fast sell. If you're not up for it, be clear as soon as possible (which is hard given you don't know until the very end what it all costs) and, yes, remember to ask for your deposit back at the end of the session. Then you can shake it off and get back to having a lovely time in Collingwood and Blue Mountain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Bay Hotel offers superior hotel rooms, one, two, and three bedroom suites, indoor and outdoor pools, a tennis court, a children's playground, a workout room, and Superstition Golf, a spectacularly landscaped 18 hole professional family putting course. Our recent renovations have transformed Georgian Bay Hotel and Conference Centre into a stunning venue. From corporate events, corporate meetings and retreats, weddings and private parties, our freshly re-designed event rooms are ideal for a variety of occasions. State-of-the-art technology and a selection of venues that vary from small intimate events to ballrooms that can accommodate up to 400 plus people make the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Center the perfect location for your next meeting, retreat or event. The Spa at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Our intimate spa setting is sure to help you leave your cares behind. If your personal goal is relaxation, beautification or wellness our highly trained staff can help. The combination of comfort and personalized attention will be sure to fulfill your vision of the perfect day spa experience. We provide a full line of services including registered massage therapy, specialty body treatments, skin care using Eminence Organic products, hand and foot care, and specialized retreat days. Our spa professionals are dedicated to creating and providing customized treatments that will exceed your expectations in both product quality and service. Book a party and our spa manager will be happy to help plan for any special occasion. Gustav Chophouse & Bar? Offering a unique, refined and comfortable dining destination located in the lobby of the Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre. As the name suggests, Gustav offers classic chophouse fare with a modern touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgian Manor Hotel Collingwood
- Georgian Manor Collingwood
- Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre Collingwood, Ontario