1,076 results
All reviewsfull kitchengeorgian bayliving roomwasaga beachminute drivedishwasherfireplaceski
Reviewed November 9, 2004

I received a phone call at home from John regarding the opportunity to attend a special stay at Cranberry for a reduced rate provided my significant other and myself attended a seminar. I explained 3 times that my boyfriend lived in Detroit and I lived in Windsor and that we did not live together. He assured me that was not a problem. So I booked the weekend of Sept 18th. Next I received a package in the mail along with my credit card recipt for $89. On the drive to Collingwood, my boyfriend was reading the material sent to me in the mail and pointed out that it stated it was imperative that couples only could attend this promotion. I told him that the person on the phone stated it was not a problem. Once arriving in Collingwood, we checked in at the front desk, and went up to the room. Starting to have doubts about the regulations, I went downstairs and spoke with a representative from the resort, who has nothing to do with the hotel. After learning about my marital status and that my boyfriend and I did not live together, she asked my annual income. She then stated that I did not qualify for this promotion and after making a phone call to someone, came back and stated that my money would be refunded. To date...this money has NOT been refunded.
My opinion about the room at the Cranberry Hotel....I've been in better dorm rooms. Very substandard!

25  Thank Pioneer22864
Reviewed October 20, 2004

We went out of our way with our two young boys (2years & 10 mths) to the Cranberry Resort and regretted every minute of it. What we were told on the phone too get us there was all a bunch of lies. We were told that we would be spending the night is a $250 room; the room wasn't worth $50. The rooms are dirty, the halls were like a dungeon and the pool wasn't pretty. We were told that we would get $40 in dining vouchers, but what they do is give you $30 in dining vouchers and $10 in breakfast vouchers just so they can get you in the dining room an extra time. The golf was supposed to be free, but you have to pay for the cart which is mandatory. As if this wasn't enough, they put extra charges on our credit card even though they said that they wouldn't.

Don't ruin a good family vacation, stay away from Cranberry Resort in Collingwood.

28  Thank Roam11246
Reviewed August 17, 2004

We stayed at Cranberry Resort on one of their promotional tours. What a scam!! It of course is timeshare. Their rooms are a one star at best. The room was dirty and very out dated. The front desk was rude and impatient. The air conditioner was noisey and kept us from a good nights sleep. When reported to the maintenance manager he replied 'They are 27 years old they were good stuff when we bought them'. The recreation center is disgraceful and should be bulldozed however the staff in this area of the resort was exceptional. The restaurant was over priced and very disappointing, we received a voucher for dinner but it didn't cover half the bill. We would not recommend Cranberry Resort. Our experience was so bad that we checked out a day early and cut our losses.

73  Thank KitchenerGriswolds
Reviewed June 7, 2004

My husband and I went to Cranberry for the weekend special knowing that it was a timeshare pitch. We listened to the pitch, it sounded good so we got the three year trial membership. It turned out to be nothing like what we expected it to be. Over and over we have tried to make use of the membership and have been unable to use it in the way that we were told we could. This resort has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

66  Thank Expedition19410