Truth comes to the saying "you get what you pay for". It is cheap for a couple nights stay and if you can tolerate sitting for over 2 hours in a seminar then I guess it's worth the money.
It's not what I was expecting but again reading some of the reviews I guess it really depended on where in the resort you stayed.
My husband, son and I thought we would use the $99 - 2 night stay coupon as a chance to get away, relax and use the pool. From the picture it looked like an amazing resort. Our first night after driving 3 hours to get there we were a little tired considering we had a busy day already. We checked in and was surprised to find that we were on the lower level of the main building. We've never gone to a hotel where you go downstairs. As we entered the hall downstairs it had an unpleasant smell and the ceilings were low, only as high as the door frames. We entered the room which was very aged. The room had a washroom and two double beds with a sliding door to the courtyard. Can't say I was impressed by that as I looked out at the place across thinking they had it much better than we did.
The beds were hard as rock and the pillows and sheets were well used. They really need to update them. Since we were tired we decided to relax on the bed. We couldn't believe how noisy the hotel was. Kids constantly running up and down the hall, the sound of other showers and toilets going off which sounding like it was right in your own room. We decided to check out the rest of the hotel. We walked upstairs to the next level and the smell was worse than downstairs, so I decided not to change the room. We checked out the pool area and it was utterly crazy with kids. Not a place to relax in so we decided not to swim that night. We went back to the room once again to relax and instead my huband and I didn't sleep the whole night. Between the noise all night from people running up and down the hall, to the kids jumping on the bed next door, to the talking next door, to the beds being so uncomfortable we decided that we weren't going to stay the next night. The hotel could not move up our seminar since they had it scheduled on the last day before check out so we decided to pay the extra for the room and head home. I was very surprised when I said to the staff that we were leaving early, not one of them was concerned about our stay. They really didn't seem to care about trying to make things right. They weren't rude but were very willing to just let you walk out the door. Customer Service is not there. I was disappointed because the pictures of the resort were so nice and it really made you feel when you were booking this package you were going to get a really good deal and you didn't. What you pay for is cheap and what you get is cheap as well as you have to sit through the pressure of the time share seminar. Do yourself a favor and pay the little extra and go somewhere nice without the hassle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cranberry Resort, set against the panoramic backdrop of Blue Mountain and the beautiful waters of Georgian Bay, is a world-renowned, 750 acre year-round vacation destination. At the Cranberry Resort, you can experience an expansive 18-hole golf course, full-service marina, fine dining, a luxurious spa and a wide range of outdoor and indoor fun the whole family can take part in. Cranberry Resort is a 4-season vacation paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cranberry Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranberry Hotel Collingwood
- Cranberry Resort Collingwood, Ontario