“Great Weekend/Time Share Offer”
Review of Cranberry Resort

Cranberry Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Windsor, Canada
“Great Weekend/Time Share Offer”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My fiancee and I stayed at Cranberry Resort after being offered a good deal with some meal vouchers and spa passes, one catch, we had to sit through a time share presentation. Walking into the hotel side of the resort was actually impressive. Front desk and lounge area was very new and updated. Staff was super friendly, we had no problem checking in, even after forgetting our confirmation number at home. They even called the room 15mins later to make sure everything was okay. The room you can tell was dated but was clean and had fresh linens, so no complaints there. The bar was very nice with live entertainment every night of the weekend. Can't comment on the food because we didnt eat there, as we heard it was more on the expensive side (even with our meal vouchers).

The timeshare presentation was'nt too painful. We were only there for the 90mins, as promised, and it wasnt too high pressure. They took us on a tour, gave us their best deal and after saying no they showed us out.

All in all we had a great weekend getaway and would go again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlyxandraMc
Alannah I, Front Office Manager at Cranberry Resort, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review,

We hope to see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My family and I stayed at Cranberry resort because we were attending a wedding. There are 3 locations for Cranberry resort and we stayed at the Waterfront location. It was difficult to find because the name of the building didn't include the Cranberry logo and from the sign/building it initially looked like a retirement residence.

Upon check-in, we had difficultly getting our room because they mistook us for another guest and when attempting to get the room we booked, we still had difficulty when producing a confirmation. The front desk was very unorganized and we found that other guests encountered similar problems.

The suite was large and spacious with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and included a washer/dryer, main closet and a living room/kitchen. One bedroom had a closet and one didn't.

The kitchen had dirt (appeared to be food on the walls) and some of the walls in the suite had scuff marks. One of the bathroom sinks was grimy. Besides that, it appeared as though the rest of the suite was clean.

The wedding venue was nice but wasn't attached to the resort, you had to walk to it or take a shuttle. With many guests, the wait for the shuttle to get to the wedding was long and we decided to drive. The shuttle service at the end of the night was better. The wedding dinner and service was ok.

The beds in the suite were comfortable but we found the pillows to be uncomfortable and they only offered one style of pillow.

In the morning, we used the coffee maker and it leaked all over the counter.

Upon check-out, we encountered additions problems and left being frustrated and overall disappointed with the organization and customer service. I was hoping to enjoy the experience because Cranberry is close to Blue Mountain and if I enjoyed my experience I would have returned in future. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case and we wont return.

1 Thank JAGcanadiantraveler
Alannah I, Front Office Manager at Cranberry Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you JAGcanadiantraveler for taking the time to review our resort,

We are constantly improving to make sure our guests have the best possible getaway, in result of your comments we are reviewing our procedures and will make the proper changes to ensure future guests will have a better experience.

I would like to talk to you and get more details about your stay, if you have the time please e-mail me at aferreira@thecranberryresort.com

Alannah Iden-Ferreira
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I regularly stay at the Cranberry with my 3 kids (7, 10, 12). Both the public spaces and rooms are always clean (even with salt and slush in the winter). The staff are super! Very friendly (especially to the kids, who sometimes like to play in the lobby) and always looking to make our stay as comfortable as possible. I liked that there was a laundry room to dry out soggy ski clothes too!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dan M, General Manager at Cranberry Resort, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thanks for the "super" review. It has been quite challenging at times to keep the public areas clean with the amount of snow we have been receiving. Our associates have done a real nice job with this for sure and thanks for commenting on that. The associates are working very hard improving the customer experience and glad that you got to experience the "guest obsessed" culture we are trying to create. Please visit us again soon.
Toronto
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I am very surprised by so many negative reviews of this property. We stayed at the Cranberry resort for three days and had no problems with room or other hotel amenities.
The room and the bathroom was clean, beds comfortable. Housekeeping did a good job cleaning the room while we were out.
Our kids enjoyed the swimming pool and the hot tub which are also clean and spacious. One note to management regarding the swimming pool. I noticed that young crowds bring glass containers into the pool area which is prohibited and can be dangerous if the glass breaks. Perhaps better enforcement of the rules around the pool area should be practiced.
Other than that we had an enjoyable stay. The staff is friendly, the grounds are well kept and the variety of restaurants will satisfy different preferences.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dan M, General Manager at Cranberry Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for the "great" review. We have been getting better at what we do and as a result of that our reviews are improving. We thank you for taking the time to post this good score for us. It takes time to show our valued customers that we are willing to do whatever it takes to raise our level of service and cleanliness, but I can assure you that ownership and the associate group are committed to do so. We will be watching closely your concern about glass at the pool and hot tub, not a good combination.
Thank you again for this excellent review and we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I bought a package to attend a travel company seminar at Living Water in Collingwood. We were put in a room at the Cranberry Resort. We upgraded to a Kitchenette. The room was clean but average. The staff in the Bistro and at the bar were all very friendly. The food was good and fairly priced. There was live music on Friday and Sat night.
In order to use the pool or hot tub we needed to walk from one building to the other outside.
The walkway was very icy and in my opinion not enough attention was paid to making it safe. So we didn't use the pool or hot tub so I can not comment on either. Thy looked nice from afar. Check in and check out were uneventful and quick.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting this review. We are glad that you got to visit some of our food & beverage outlets and that the associates were friendly. The live entertainment has been very good for us and we are happy to provide it for our valued guests. We did have some issues with the warm weather, then turning cold overnight this past weekend. It made for some icy areas, but I can assure you our team were monitoring and ensuring guest safety was a priority.
Please come and visit us again soon.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Describing this property as a "resort" is inaccurate. The bathroom was filthy -- awash in a cocktail of visible detritus. I cannot imagine what invisible stuff lurked in there. The shower rod was falling off the wall. Who puts a room like that into service? Assorted holes in the wall, a badly patched ceiling and the de rigeur malfunctioning drapes rounded out the ambiance. I've never been to prison but I'm thinking it would be cleaner. Never. Ever. Again. To their credit, when I pointed out that my pet was cleaner than they were, the duty manager refunded our pet fee. This place is not particularly cheap but even if it were, it's a simple matter to make sure that it be kept clean. Itinerant travelers at all price points want their accommodation to be clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank biz-bg
Dan M, General Manager at Cranberry Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am not sure calling ourselves a resort is, as you say "inaccurate". I agree that during the winter it may be difficult to see what we offer, but on 750 acres we have a Championship Golf Course, water activities with a marina, a recreation centre, 4 pools, (2 indoor, 2 outdoor ) water slide, 3 restaurants, a lounge, and equipment rentals to enjoy the area. I apologize that the room you were in had some issues and I am glad that our manager on duty was able to waive the pet fee for you to compensate the troubles. As you can see by the previous 10-12 reviews we are making very good strides in the customer experience for our valued guests. In my responses I also mention that I encourage all guests that are having any issues reach out to me directly so we can talk about so it can be rectified immediately.
I hope that you give us another opportunity to show you our beautiful resort.
Dan McIlhone, CHA

Travelers are raving about these Collingwood hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were on the timeshare promo program. the first room we were given was in "the resort". It had a fridge which looked like it had been rolled down blue mountain before putting it in our room. the beds didn't have bed spreads and it looked worse than the motels in Niagara falls. And the room smelled. The box spring was visible - which in itself really isn't a big deal - but contributed to the overall "low end motel" feel. The television was a, maybe, 21 inch tv, from 1998.

All of this - was an upgraded room!!!!!

We had already dragged all our luggage to the room and trust me - we have a lot of luggage : ).

So we phone down and tell them we don't want the room and they moved us to "the main hotel" which is supposed to be another upgrade (before our first one).

To be honest the room wasn't much better, but definitely more palatable, but we stayed there anyway. The people at the front desk seemed to be doing the best they could, but didn't seem to have much to work with.

Dinner at Memories was good although we had to talk them into giving us a table when the restaurant was COMPLETELY empty (citing that they had a lot of reservations for later). Apparently a lot of them must have cancelled, as the restaurant never came close to filling up. Once seated, we did have excellent service. Breakfast buffet (which was included) was ok.

We were supposed to get our $99 that we paid, refunded after we completed the timeshare presentation, but as of the writing of this review, we have still not received it.

as a side note - there is a review of Living Waters - which is NOT Cranberry - it is the place they are selling. Cranberry is just where they put you up. Living Waters IS BEAUTIFUL if you can stay there!

Room Tip: perhaps the suites are better?? but don't allow yourself to be put in a regular studio room. b...