I do not want to be repetitive and waste anybody's time. Therefore, read the “Got THROWN OUT Of Time Share Presentation !!!!!!!!!” I could not agree more.
I went for a weekend in this hotel on May 25th with my wife with the condition of having to spend 2 hours (don't worry, it will take longer than that) to listen to a sales pitch.
Well, let's start with the facilities: they are terrible, everything is in bad, bad shape. I stayed in the hotel and as you probably read in one of the reviews, air conditioning will not work. Pools are ridiculous, recreation center is pathetic. Everything else you want to do is very expensive. We got a $30 voucher to spend in the restaurant but after seeing the prices, my wife and I decided to have dinner somewhere else.
The presentation: they start like any other time share sales pitch. One sales rep starts asking a lot of questions such as how important vacation is for you and bla bla bla. Then they take you to watch a movie (they do not even show the Cranberry Golf Resort in the movie). The person deliverying the presantion was annoying and asked us to uho uho every time she mentioned about money!!!. Pathetic..... After the presentation they will take you for a tour where they will show the facitlities. They showed a two bedroom apartment that was nice. However, I really doubt that I would be able to book it anyway.
Hey, don't stop reading now. The best (or the worst) is still to come. After the tour, the sales rep takes you back to the same room where they have some loud mexican songs going on. You can barely hear what the sales rep is saying. After many other questions and waste of time, a lady rings a bell which means that the sales reps are ready to show you the price. Wow, it was $32,000 and they wanted me to give them $5,000 upfront on my credit card.
Of course I said no. I tried to be polite and mentioned that there was value in the program (there is not) but it was not for me at this time. Just as I read in "“Got THROWN OUT Of Time Share Presentation !!!!!!!!!” I the the sales rep calls for help. Two gunwomen come to ask you the same question all over again. All of the sudden, they start to be very agressive and say that perhaps you would not be able to afford anyway and things like that. I was so pissed but still controlled myself. I am35 and make 6 figures a year but I would never spend $35k in something like that. And it keeps going and going, I started to become very angry and decided to leave.
CONCLUSION: DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT VISITING THE CLUB. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. YOU ARE GOING TO REGRET. THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE OUT OF THE BUSINESS A LONG TIME AGO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cranberry Resort, set against the panoramic backdrop of Blue Mountain and the beautiful waters of Georgian Bay, is a world-renowned, 750 acre year-round vacation destination. At the Cranberry Resort, you can experience an expansive 18-hole golf course, full-service marina, fine dining, a luxurious spa and a wide range of outdoor and indoor fun the whole family can take part in. Cranberry Resort is a 4-season vacation paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cranberry Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranberry Hotel Collingwood
- Cranberry Resort Collingwood, Ontario