“A disappointment”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Cambridge, Canada
“A disappointment”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We are RCI owners and had a week to use up before the points expired. Told staff we wanted to be left alone, not interested in the member breakfast or sales presentation and were told we would not be bothered however they called the room regardless.

The room was clean looking although upon closer inspection found dead flies on the window sills, dirty jets in the tub (seriously I would be afraid I'd catch something using the tub), dishwasher is loose and wobbly, fireplace is broken, tv is fuzzy and when I went downtown to get a coffee the heat was off in the hallway. This resort is run down and in need of major TLC. They should have spent their dollars renovating instead of opening a new section across the street.

1 Thank Jennifer M
Kim W, Front Office Manager at Cranberry Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I apologize for the issues and disappointments you had during your time with us,

We take all positive and negative comments very seriously and use them to improve our resort, I will make sure all department heads are aware of your review and I hope you have a chance to come back and see how much your comment matters to us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
markham, ontario
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We decided to stay at the Cranberry resort this past month and the expreince was wonderful. We were celebrating our anniversary and were upgraded to a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen and living room! The dog was with us and we had a wonderful time! As soon we got to the room we didn't even want to leave to go out for diner! We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very simple - avoid this place!

I got in Cranberry Golf resort through Dealfind offer believing that I will enjoy my birthday with my wife in luxury resort. Company advertised it as 562$ value.

On January 12th, 2012 I bought two nights stay in Collingwood - Cranberry Golf Resort. I have used them Oct 19-21.

Why I do believe that it was totally misleading?
Under the subtitle at my voucher - Where to use this there is a photo of resort that company is trying to sell (units) not at the place where we got accommodation.

it is advertised as 562$ deal with a huge discount 83%. It gave impression of a true good deal and promising weekend.

Reality - rooms are selling for 99$ (not that I didn't check but photo was pointing at completely different place ). It is one of the worst hotel I have ever been in Western part of the world (and I do travel a lot). The total deal over the week can't be worth more than a 270$ plus taxes. Not the half of advertised 562$.

Should I mentioned that after presentation upon arrival at my room there was a quite sizable dead bug at my pillow, that hotel restaurant was practically empty on Friday and Saturday night next to so loud music that we didn't want to use dining credit? After all those experiences we didn't even bother to go to spa and use our 30$ spa credit.

When I have asked front desk or salesman at presentation if this is misunderstanding, presented voucher to front desk manager they keep blaming each other. When asked front desk manager about price (can they give me any hard evidence or even recorded statement that I have received 562$ of service) I was told to wait and she had disappeared just never to came back!

3 Thank Dejan P

Travelers are raving about these Collingwood hotels

Saint Thomas, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My daughter & i spent a night there this week .. the room was clean !! & beds comfortable !! what more do you need !! the bathroom was clean as well ... not a Hilton !! (LOL) but we would go back !! wish they had breakfast !!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012

It was the worst Experiance ,everything was extremely poor .
The bedrooms smelled bad and carpet was dirty ,looked like never been cleaned. Toilet was dirty ,the bath tub was clogged.
There was a certain smell all over the hotel like that of an old carpet
Would never go back again and wouldn't recommend anyone either.
The worst place I have ever stayed.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Nighatriaz
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hi everyone. I have heard about this resort because it's also part of a fractionnal ownership program and a timeshare program. They have 2 building the Cranberry Inn which is 40 years old and need a lot of love from what I have read from other reviewers and a 2 years old condo building. The 2 years old building is called the The Cranberry Waterfront Suites and is really nice. It's on the shore of the lake, overlooking the marina. The room are so big, huge windows, fireplace, jacuzzi tubs, full size kitchen with everything provided, even a washer and dryer machine, dishwasher, 2 HUGES TV, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. The staff at the front desk is frendly and helpfull and the Memories Restaurant is great. They serve local beer from a close by brewery. It's situated in beautiful Collingwood, minutes from Blue Mountain and Wasaga Beach and 1:30 from Toronto. It could't be in a better location. The golf course is great, the pool area include a jaccuzi. The recreational center is offering a lot of services. The Waterfront suite offer daycare service. For a GREAT experience I recommend you a little extra and ask a studio or a 1 or 2 bedrooms in the new building. I would go back anytime!

Room Tip: Ask for the Cranberry Waterfront suite instead of the Cranberry Inn. It's surely worth the littl...
Okotoks, Alberta
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We checked in flawlessly. Room was well appointed EXCEPT ants in the kitchen and clogged main ensuite. I called about both on Saturday and no one responded to either. Housekeeping response was, "I have emailed the pest control." Maintenence never did show up. We paid for a week and checked out Tuesday. The lounge had only the bartender. Service was slower than the second coming.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dh51334
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre
#4 of 8 in Blue Mountains
Living Water Resort
Living Water Resort
#2 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Cranberry Resort? Share your experiences!