“Perfect for my family!”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Marmora, Canada
“Perfect for my family!”
Reviewed December 9, 2008

My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express from December 5-7, 2008. Overall our stay was quite enjoyable. We stayed in a suite which gave us two double beds, a sofabed, a fridge, and a microwave. The extra convenience of the kitchenette facilities was wonderful as we were traveling with our children. The room was clean and fit our needs perfectly! The breakfast that is included with the price of the room is an excellent added bonus. There was lots of variety and the fact that the kids could attend in their pjs before getting ready for their hockey games could not be beat! The front desk staff seemed very happy and approachable.
The only negative about our stay was the fact that the pool was closed due to the heater breaking. Considering the fact that there were a number of hockey teams staying at the hotel it would have in my opinion been much easier to try and find someone to fix the pool then to hear the continual moaning and complaining from all of the parents. We were credited $10 per night for the inconvenience.

• Liked — The free breakfast.
  • Disliked — The closed pool.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Ontario Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2008

We were attending an outdoor swim meet in Collingwood. This hotel has a great location. The room we stayed in was updated. Bedding was very nice and also the size of the room. The staff at this hotel made our stay!!!! Beyond wonderful and welcoming. The breakfast that is included in the stay was very good. Lots of choices and very enjoyable. We were a party of two adults and two children. The pool was perfect for the kids. Not fancy but very clean and finally a warm pool! Lots of restaurants in walking distance and an A&P across the street. Great for us as we reloaded with drinks and snacks for the second day of the meet. Would have no problem reccomending this hotel.

• Liked — The staff were the Best!!!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2008

we stayed a the Holiday Inn with our 3 kids and parents for the weekend gateway. the hotel is very nice especially my parents really like the beds very comrtable.
the service was very good. we had a good time and will come back for sure.

• Liked — nice comfortable beds
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Niagara Region
Reviewed July 21, 2008

My recommendation to anyone looking at this hotel is forget it. There are a lot of more suitable and better quality hotels in the area, even if you don't see them on the web.

Of all of the hotels I've stayed at ( which is a lot ), this has to be the poorest one I have every run across. I booked a room here for a wedding.

The hotel is in poor shape. The front desk is poor and unresponsive. I had a five day reservation and had to change rooms four times. The reservation was "lost". One of those days was the day of the wedding, and I was forced to put my suit cases in my car and wait for the next room to become available. I missed the wedding ceremony because of the hotel.

The front desk, management and also the Holiday Inn chain did nothing to resolve the problem or to take steps to restore any confidence in their chain. The only good thing I can say about the hotel, is that the cleaning staff, went out of their way to help me get another room -- they wanted to clean the one I was in. The last couple of times they wanted me to change rooms, I refused to leave the old one, until a new one was available.

The bride and groom reserved the best room available for the night and when they showed up, the room was taken. Obviously they were dissatisfied.

PS. They also charged me for the day they lost the reservation, but knew I didn't arrive on time. The automatically charged my card.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing.
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank NiagaraRegionRose

Travelers are raving about these Collingwood hotels

NY
Reviewed March 24, 2008

directions to hotel were horrible; how about 'on the corner' which is where it is. First time in Collingwood ... a thoroughly sleepy and boring town with crappy restaurants. This hotel was adequate though the pool was busted for a while. Collingwood is a ski town and Blue Mountain is strictly for skiers; had to travel about a half hour out of town for sledding and the tubing was shut down; best part is the waterpark.

Stayed March 2008
niagara falls
Reviewed January 4, 2008

This hotel is old and the staff are not very helpful or friendly. When we checked in the first room had the pillows and comforters all over the wet carpeted floor. We requested a room that was clean and made up and we soon discovered no rooms were worth the money we paid for this hotel. The carpets were all wet and stinky. The shower curtain was full of mold and the pool was so cloudy you could not see the bottom. The first morning there the room attendant was knocking on our door at 9:05 am ready to clean it. This was a vacation for us and we were still sleeping. We dressed and went down for the complimentary continental breakfast at 9:25am and everything had been cleaned up. The attendant there said we missed breakfast because they close it at 9:30am. I said its 930 now and they would not let us have even a bagel. It would have been nice if the front desk would have told us the time for breakfast. Save your money and checked into another hotel.

• Liked — proximity to ski hills
  • Disliked — quality/cleanliness
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2007

Stayed here for one night and found it very clean, friendly, and an all round nice place! The front desk staff was very courteous. The breakfast was adequate and well stocked. I found the attention to detail in the room housekeeping really amazing! The linens, towels, carpet, wallpaper, etc. all looked brand new. It was immaculate! They even had the room heated up for us when we arrived because it was a cold day. We did not go in the pool but it looked very clean and nice. I really could not say one bad thing about this hotel and the rate was consideralbly lower than staying at other hotels in the area which was a bonus.

• Liked — Cleanliness and comfort
  • Disliked — noisy neighbours but that was not the fault of the hotel
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank yoj14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Days Inn & Suites Collingwood
#8 of 11 in Collingwood
Cranberry Resort
Cranberry Resort
#3 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!