“nice beds”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Reviewed July 21, 2008

we stayed a the Holiday Inn with our 3 kids and parents for the weekend gateway. the hotel is very nice especially my parents really like the beds very comrtable.
the service was very good. we had a good time and will come back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed July 21, 2008

My recommendation to anyone looking at this hotel is forget it. There are a lot of more suitable and better quality hotels in the area, even if you don't see them on the web.

Of all of the hotels I've stayed at ( which is a lot ), this has to be the poorest one I have every run across. I booked a room here for a wedding.

The hotel is in poor shape. The front desk is poor and unresponsive. I had a five day reservation and had to change rooms four times. The reservation was "lost". One of those days was the day of the wedding, and I was forced to put my suit cases in my car and wait for the next room to become available. I missed the wedding ceremony because of the hotel.

The front desk, management and also the Holiday Inn chain did nothing to resolve the problem or to take steps to restore any confidence in their chain. The only good thing I can say about the hotel, is that the cleaning staff, went out of their way to help me get another room -- they wanted to clean the one I was in. The last couple of times they wanted me to change rooms, I refused to leave the old one, until a new one was available.

The bride and groom reserved the best room available for the night and when they showed up, the room was taken. Obviously they were dissatisfied.

PS. They also charged me for the day they lost the reservation, but knew I didn't arrive on time. The automatically charged my card.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank NiagaraRegionRose
Reviewed March 24, 2008

directions to hotel were horrible; how about 'on the corner' which is where it is. First time in Collingwood ... a thoroughly sleepy and boring town with crappy restaurants. This hotel was adequate though the pool was busted for a while. Collingwood is a ski town and Blue Mountain is strictly for skiers; had to travel about a half hour out of town for sledding and the tubing was shut down; best part is the waterpark.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed January 4, 2008

This hotel is old and the staff are not very helpful or friendly. When we checked in the first room had the pillows and comforters all over the wet carpeted floor. We requested a room that was clean and made up and we soon discovered no rooms were worth the money we paid for this hotel. The carpets were all wet and stinky. The shower curtain was full of mold and the pool was so cloudy you could not see the bottom. The first morning there the room attendant was knocking on our door at 9:05 am ready to clean it. This was a vacation for us and we were still sleeping. We dressed and went down for the complimentary continental breakfast at 9:25am and everything had been cleaned up. The attendant there said we missed breakfast because they close it at 9:30am. I said its 930 now and they would not let us have even a bagel. It would have been nice if the front desk would have told us the time for breakfast. Save your money and checked into another hotel.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2007

Stayed here for one night and found it very clean, friendly, and an all round nice place! The front desk staff was very courteous. The breakfast was adequate and well stocked. I found the attention to detail in the room housekeeping really amazing! The linens, towels, carpet, wallpaper, etc. all looked brand new. It was immaculate! They even had the room heated up for us when we arrived because it was a cold day. We did not go in the pool but it looked very clean and nice. I really could not say one bad thing about this hotel and the rate was consideralbly lower than staying at other hotels in the area which was a bonus.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank yoj14
Reviewed October 23, 2006

The hotel is designed for business travelers on a budget. Located in a convenient location, it's been recently renovated and upgraded. The lobby, breakfast room, and rooms are all in good shape, nicely decorated and overall very inviting. The breakfast is perfect for the business traveler with little time to waste in the morning. Overall, a very postive exprerience. So why in the world did they save on the one thing that really counts: The bed. The mattresses are cheap quality and the pillows are overstuffed with polyester filling, making you sweat instantaneously. Here's my advice: It's an ok place to stay, by bring your own pillow (BYOP).

Stayed: September 2006
4  Thank grobian
Reviewed September 21, 2006

We've stayed here once before and found it to be exceptional . This time, it just wasn't as good. However, it wasn't even close to being as bad as a few of the previous posters. On the positive side, our room was large and comfortable. We also received some great help from two of the female afternoon desk clerks. We asked about where to go for dinner and they gave us three suggestions, and all were different from each other. The one we ended up going to was exactly as described. They both were very pleasant. No complaints there! The internet worked perfectly as well and the kiosk downstairs appeared to be in full working order.

On the negative side, the woman who looks after the breakfast bar is not even remotely pleasant. She had a sour expression on her face the entire time we were there. One of the guests tried to banter with her, but she wasn't having any of it! Another thing we noticed is that the cleaning staff now leave a small envelope with their name on it for gratuities. Is this normal practice? I've never seen it before and it really put me off. Which brings me to my next point....the headboard on our bed was covered in dust. That was somewhat disgusting!

On the second morning, we decided to skip the breakfast bar and go out for breakfast. We asked the front desk clerk if he could make some suggestions. He mentioned a chain restaurant/coffee place across the street. When I asked him if he had any other suggestions, he suddenly got snippy and said, "Hurontario. Three stoplights on the right". I asked him to repeat himself and he did but he wasn't happy about it. Hurontario is a street in Collingwood and I guess he was suggesting that we figure it out for ourselves once we got there. (As it turned out, we found a great restaurant on that street that served a wonderful breakfast. ) When my husband and I walked outside, we both burst out laughing at that clerk's attitude.

I would still go back to this hotel, even after those incidents. Overall, it's a nice hotel in a very good location. It's only a short drive to Blue Mountain and it's also close to downtown Collingwood.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lori-Anne C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Days Inn & Suites Collingwood
#7 of 11 in Collingwood
Relax Inn Collingwood
Relax Inn Collingwood
#9 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!