“Exceptional stay in a Victorian beauty.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Collingwood
Joseph Lawrence House
Ranked #7 of 9 Collingwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My sister-in-law and I had a most relaxing stay at this beautifully appointed Victorian home. As the owner of a century property, I appreciated the time and effort that goes into the research and purchase of period light fixtures, furniture, glassware and decorating. The house is spotlessly clean and our room was extremely comfortable, including freshly ironed sheets on our beds!

Our hosts, Janet and Darrel, provided exceptional service and hospitality. It was delightful to have them both join us on the porch for a cup of tea and cookies after our arrival. Their pride in the town of Collingwood is evident in their participation with local groups, such as the horticultural and historical societies. In fact, a Victorian tea will be held at their home later in August. How fun!

Their recommendations for local eateries were insightful and accurate. We were particularly impressed when Darrel asked if our mother-in-law would like to join us for breakfast. It was a very thoughtful touch, as it gave us more time to enjoy her company. We were offered fresh fruit, home-baking and savoury eggs. Mom came with an appetite and ate every bite!

I plan to return soon with my husband so he can also enjoy the historical ambiance and stimulating conversation of our hosts.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sister2011

Reviewed October 25, 2010

After speaking with Darrrell when I booked this B&B, I knew we were in for a good time. Upon arrival, we were shown our room, then invited to join the other guests and the hosts downstairs. We did, and enjoyed tea, sweets and conversation. The area has lots of choices for dinner and the B&B has a notebook filled with menus. The other guests had stayed there in the past and recommended the Stuffed Peasant for dinner. We ended up there and had a great meal.

We stayed in the Oxford room. It was was nicely decorated and comfortable. The shower was great. I joked with Darrell the next morning that I found it a bit warm, but didn't bother trying the window until the next morning. Found out that I could have had all the fresh air I wanted, but my husband surely would have objected!

Breakfast was tasty and again enjoyed conversation with our hosts and the other guests. One of the best parts of staying at a B&B is getting to know more about the area you're visiting - things you will never find out from the night clerk at a motel.

Unfortunately, we had to keep in touch with the office on this trip and having wireless was appreciated. We definitely would return if back in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2010

This was my first trip to Collingwood and I'm glad I chose this B&B. The home is beautiful and the rooms are spacious and charmingly decorated. The breakfast was fabulous and filling (no need for lunch!).
The hosts were so friendly and generous with their time. They steered me to the best sites in town.
I plan on returning to Collingwood in the near future and will stay at the Joseph Lawrence House every time.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2010

This Bed and Breakfast is a Heritage Home and the 'flavour' is reflected everywhere. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. My friend and I particularly enjoy relaxing on the verandah, overlooking the tranquil gardens, with a cold drink and a good book. The breakfasts are prepared and presented in a manner that is truly impressive. The hosts, Darrel and Janet. go out of their way to ensure every guest's stay is as pleasant as possible.
I look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2010

My fiancee and I and 2 other good friends had reservations at Haisai restaurant in nearby Singhampton and I recommended the Joseph Lawrence House as our accomodations because we had stayed their 5 years prior and had a great experience. We were all extremely pleased with our reception, rooms, and wonderful conversation over a fabulous breakfast in the morning of our departure. We also met another great couple and the relaxed atmosphere and character was exactly what we were looking for. Don't hesitate to visit this Collingwood landmark, you won't be disapointed. Thanks again for the wonderful hospitality...hoping its not 5 years in between visits! Mike and Lindsay

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Only stayed 1 night but wish we could stay longer. Definitely one of the best B&B's we have been to. Stimulating conversation with our hosts Darrell and Janet, delicious eggs Benedict and blueberry muffins, extremely comfortable appointments. Very clean and stunningly decorated Victorian home. Excellent value. Highly recommended and would certainly return again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2010

We stayed for just one night and wished we had more time to stay longer! The rooms are all beautifully decorated in the Victorian style and our bed was very comfortable. Our hosts were delightful and the breakfast was tremendous.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre
Cranberry Resort
Cranberry Resort
#5 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Joseph Lawrence House? Share your experiences!