“Fabulous !”

Ranked #3 of 9 Collingwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I
Book 2 nights to celebrate her 50th birthday . I
Made arrangements with Phillip and Leanne to make for her a cake and decorate the room. It was awesome and didn't cost me a fortune ( few extra bucks) . Their kids were waiting for us to bring the cake to my wife and singing happy birthday to her. They did an excellent job. The breakfast is succulent . You must to try everything : Benedict eggs , pancakes with strawberries and the bacon: OMG: I dream of that flavor: everything is homemade and organic. They are excellent and make you feel at home . The swimming pool was not ready to use but they start to cleaning it for our use next day. This is the second time we stay at this place and definitely we strongly recommend it. It is very close to nice restaurants in downtown collingwood like Tesoro , Huron club, azzura and short distance drive to wasaga beach and blue mountain. We love this place and Philip and Leanne treat you like a Queen and king

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Philip & Leanne are great hosts. My wife and I only could stay one night but we had a comfortable clean room. Philip is a trained chef. He served a breakfast I'm still working off a day later. Our hosts were most helpful with great knowledge of the restaurants and area attractions. We went to Collingwood to cycle the Georgian trail and other Collingwood bike trails. The cycle trail is across the street from their driveway. So we were able to park our car safely at the B&B and from there one can cycle 41 kms to Meaford then back to the B&B. The location is about a 3 minute car ride to the centre of Collingwood for restaurants
On our next Cycle ride to that area we will return to Willow Trace.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I were quite fortunate to book a one night stay at WIllow Trace on short notice, considering it was a long weekend. We arrived at 4 pm (check in) and was promtly greeted by Leanne. She was very friendly and chatted with us asking if we had any plans for the rest of the day. She then showed us the Studio Suite upstairs. Before entering our room you had to pass through the upstairs den, which had satellite t.v., dvd collection, books and a small mini fridge. The Studio Suite is quite spacious. You have your own bathroom and tv (with Netflix access). There is also wifi access as well.
After a comfortable night's sleep we were treated to a wonderful breakfast from Phillip, who just happens to also be the head chef of the Cooking Academy. The Cooking Academy is where Phillip will teach you how to cook like a chef.....conveniently located at Willow Trace.
We enjoyed a tasty platter of fruits, coffee and orange juice. Then we devoured our breakfast, which was bacon and sausage made in house from Phillip. Eggs from the chickens running around in the backyard. Homemade jam and honey which I gladly spread over my toast. It was a gourment breakfast that I didn't want to end!
Even though check out was at 11 am we were able to relax by the pool for an hour afterwards before we had to head out. But the best part was receiving homemade cookies before we left the bed and breakfast.
It was great to chat with Leanne and Phillip. They are friendly and accomodating and always willing to recommend a restaurant or venue to go to in town. I would definitely recommend this Bed and Breakfast if you are in the Collingwood area. Thank you Phillip and Leanne for an amazing weekend!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The owners were very warm and friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and clean. The breakfasts were excellent. We also took a cooking class with Phillip and Leanne and they definitely went above and beyond. We learned lots and definitely got our money's worth!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were in Collingwood to attend a funeral recently and stayed overnight at Willow Trace. We had our Sheltie with us as we had no one to take her on short notice. Phillip and LeeAnne were very welcoming and happily accommodated our request to leave our dog in the room for a few hours while we attended the funeral and reception. The breakfast that Phillip, a chef in his own right, served us was delightful (and generous). The B & B offers a pool, which was not open when we were there, and a large amount of land complete with trails, which we did use for a very nice walk. Phillip gave us a bag with some delicious cookies in it as a snack during our return trip, which was much appreciated. We'd stay here again, for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights by myself and would rate this as an excellent bed and breakfast, mostly made excellent because of the friendly and very kind hosts, who make you feel comfortable and cared for, without being intrusive. When I arrived Leanne brought me a plate of homemade chocolate dipped strawberries to munch on, and made reservations for supper for me. Another time, I was greeted with a piece of cheesecake. all the food was very, very good, I had eggs Benedict one am and an omelette the next. The only comment I would make is ask if you are light sensitive, I had a room with lots of windows, and there was light filtering shades on the windows, but it was bright very early, difficult if you want to sleep in, this might not be an issue on other rooms. I would certainly return!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had three thoroughly enjoyable days with Phillip and LeeAnne in their very welcoming home. Since they had a dog and many farm pets, coupled with one room on the lower level which allowed easy access to the outdoors for our dog, we felt extra comfortable with them.
Good conversations coupled with a very generous breakfast made our visit very comfortable. My husband generally does not like to stay at B&B arrangements, but he too enjoyed this one!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
Craigleith Manor Bed and Breakfast
Living Water Resort
Living Water Resort
#2 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Willow Trace Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!