“Mandatory Apathy Lessons”

Blue Mountain Chalets
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have stayed in all the different styles of rooms at the Blue Mountain. The Inn is older, but it is what it is - a hotel room. It's amenities are fair - there's a swimming pool onsite, a nice restaurant, daily maid service, etc. The Villas are much more upscale, some units being just rooms and some being bachelor suites. The amenities here are better - pool, daily maid service, the village with boutique stores and restaurants just steps from your room. The accomodation this time, however were condos on the slopes. They were old. The carpets were ripped and the paint was peeling. Although the bare neccessities were provided (pots, glasses, cutlery), there was little else. There were no paper towels, no coffee filters, no coffee for that matter! When I tried to phone to get some I found the phone in the kitchen didn't work. I tried to call from the bedroom phone, but was put on hold for longer than it was worth. I went to Starbucks instead. There was no pool connected to the condos; you had to walk over to the village to use theirs. There was no ice or pop machine. No games room. Nothing. Then there were the charges: Everything cost money: Local and long distance calls, the internet, even the BBQ. Then last, but absolutely not least was the attitude of the staff (not just on this stay, either, but this time was the worst). I think they are sent for mandatory appathy lessons. Their attitude was so crappy when I complained about several things (both about the room and more importantly about mistakes on my bill). They didn't offer me any compensation for my trouble such as a coupon for the restaurant or % off my next stay, etc. You would think a regular customer would have been treated better. Well, I'm no longer a regular customer. I'm heading for the nearest Holiday Inn for my next stay.

Room Tip: The cleaning staff are overworked and underpaid. Leave them a tip.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dyirth

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a girls weekend at Blue Mountain in November 2011. There were 7 of us and we rented a Condo, it was great. Good size rooms, and offered everything you needed. The only down fall was the hot tub in our complex wasn't working. I called ahead to confirm everything and no one mentioned this. When we checked in and I asked where the hot tub was that's when we found out it was outof order. Everything else was great and would definintely plan another girls weekend there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2011

December 2011 - Ourselves with another family rented this chalet from December 23-26th 2011. We were very disappointed with the upkeep of this chalet and the amount you pay to rent it is a rip off. The advertisement of this chalet is false at 116 Charmichael Cres with Blue Mountain Chalet Rentals chalet #732

Do not be deceived by the pictures in the rental ads. First off the Kitchen is far from new and if there were heated ceramic flooring in there we sure could not feel it at all. The Hot tub is not well kept or is the sauna. That beautiful fireplace that shown in ad to hook you, you are not permitted to use, the gas fireplace in the basement where the pool table is located is disconnected. The two bedrooms in the basement basically have no heat so the 7 bedrooms they advertise are really only 5 because in cold night those room are very cold. The Sauna door the inside wood is all peeling off and apparently someone thought it was appropriate to leave some marijuana butts in there.

The master bedroom they boost about yes it is very roomy and yes the gas fireplace in that room is the only one that work.

The door to the bedroom top hinges were coming off so closing the door was not so easy, the shower has two shower heads only one works. A lot of mirror in that room which all were dirty.

None of the ceiling fans works, burnt out light bulbs all over the place in there so lighting was not that great.

The outside light by the hot tub was not only burnt out but according to the maintenance man it is only a decoration

The entire chalet was not cleaned before we came this included walls and bathrooms not cleaned. We contacted the Management office that did send out a maintenance man unfortunately he did nothing when he was there other than to let us know that the fireplace was disconnected in the basement because they installed the flat screen TV over it and that as far as he knew there was no heated ceramic flooring. At that point we just wanted him gone due to many reasons one obvious one was that it was our Christmas Vacation with our family and spending it with a maintenance man in the chalet was not part of the plan especially when the management company should have ensured everything was done prior to our arrival considering the amount of money it cost us to rent the chalet.

Room Tip: Make sure you make the time to go up there before booking to view the chalet yourself Basement roo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank dolvan
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed at the Blue Mountain Chalets on a recent golf trip with 44 golfers. The 5 uniits we were in, called A -1 to A-5, were houses with 4 bedrooms downstairs and three bedrooms on the main level. Each unit housed 8-9 people
A-1 was very good, it was upgraded with new furniture and new carpeting, and was very nice.
A-2 - A6 should be retired to the Smithsonian Institute as places that were great in the 1970's but are no longer inhabited. The units had tired furniture, very tattered carpeting, very
poor conditions as to the grounds, the basic general needs. Each unit had no soap, no hampoos, no dish soap, no garbage bags, no ammenities at all. Some of our golfers actually moved out of the units and rented another place, even though all these units were prepaid and no refunds were available. The units were that bad. The beds were like sleeping on boards and the linens were a mismatch of whatever old pieces they could muster. The towels looked like they were in use for 10 years.

Save yourself the grief, get a better optuion if going to Blue Mountain.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank rosscup
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I stayed with my family of 8 at 125 Wintergreen Place. The staff was fantastic, the place was clean, quiet and very nicely decorated. We were provided with basic cooking utensils - pots, pans, dishes, plates etc. We were also provided with comforters but had to bring our own linen and toels, which was fine.

The staff, particularly Ashleigh, Heather and Jodi were just fantastic.

I would definitely recommend 125 Wintergreen, and I will definitely go back!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We stayed at Chateau Ridge next to the Blue Mountain Inn, and although the chalet/condo was clean and spacious, these units are long overdue an update. The walls were dirty needed paint, the kitchens are severly outdated, the nateesses are old everything about thus place needs updating. It screams hot tub time machine. Also, wifi was not included with the room as advertised, there is an additional fee for it. The rates for this unit are very high, I expected so much more, the inky thing going for thus place was location.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank Scribblegirl22
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Blue Mountain Chalets at 125 Winter Green Place.
I have travelled extensively to ski chalets around North America and Switzerland and this is the first time I have ever had to practically bring my own home with me in order to function "normally". At this Blue Mountain chalet, I had to bring my own linens, towels, pots/pans, toilet paper, tissue paper, pillows (and cases) and in hindsight, I should have brought my own beds, because the ones here were so well worn. Mattresses felt like they were at least 20 years old and sagged in the middle. This place is definitely not worth the money that they ask.

Pros:
1) friendly staff 2) close to village 3) ample room

Cons:
1) Office check-in is 8 minutes away from chalet
2) Got keys, which were the WRONG ones for chalet, so had to drive all the way there and back (had to wait for new keys to be cut)
3) chalet was 13C when we arrived and took around 6 hours to be comfortable. Luckily the gas fire place was working, so we sat huddled in the family room.
4) mattress are all old (felt like +20 years old)
5) carpets/beds well worn, as were walls, master bathtub, one toilet leaked water onto the floor, ceiling fans were CAKED in dust, one bathroom door did not lock
6) Advertisement said DVD available. We brought DVD's. There was none, just a VCR. Not impressed.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank isaidthis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre
#3 of 11 in Collingwood
Cranberry Resort
Cranberry Resort
#5 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Blue Mountain Chalets? Share your experiences!