“Poutine”

Dunn's Famous Hawkesbury
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Hawkesbury
Cuisines: Deli, Steakhouse
Description: Breakfast, Lunch & Supper More than just Smoked Meat Full Menu Pizza's Pastas Bar & Grill Hamburgers Salades Wraps Veggie Options
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

We are visiting from the UK and staying with family, we have be told about Poutine and really wanted to try it. We are veggie and did not think we would find a veggie version, however, we were advised that Dunns in Hawkesbury did a veggie version - it was delicious, the service was great and the staff were really welcoming and friendly. I would recommend eating at this restaurant

Reviewed April 15, 2019

Having recently viewed some disparaging reviews on this restaurant, I feel compelled to provide another review (my 3rd) on this establishment. I do not claim to be a restaurant critic but given my background, I believe my comments have some credible merit.

In my youth I worked in, and managed a modest restaurant in Montreal (6 years). My son-in-law (ex) owned 2 restaurants in Belgium and 2 in Luxembourg. His L’Appuntamento restaurant in Luxembourg is extremely successful. I have travelled and DINED in over 30 countries in N. America, Caribbean, Europe, Asia, South Pacific and Australasia during my 25 years as an international telecommunications tariffs manager at Teleglobe Canada.

My wife and I have lived in this area over 20 years and we eat out a minimum of 3 times a week. We have eaten at every restaurant in the Hawkesbury area. For the last 3 years we will only eat at Dunn’s due to the ambiance, excellent rapport with owner and staff, quality of food (unmatched in the area), consistency of preparation, cleanliness, affordability (prices mostly match all other family restaurants in Hawkesbury).

This restaurant is worthy of a 5 stars on Tripadvisor.

I refer you to my review from 2016 and herewith provide some further photos of the incredibly unmatched food choices at Dunn’s.

1  Thank thegrandstan
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

And i meet the owner when they just opened and he was impolite to me and my employees. That kind of rudeness doesn’t deserve more then the one lunch with a really high price

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Food was fantastic huge portions! I couldn't finish my meal For a Friday night it was very quiet. Friendly and attentive staff.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed October 1, 2018

On more than one occasion, I tried to get a delivery order and was informed, quite rudely, by the person on the phone that the delivery person failed to come in to work that day and delivery wasn't available.

Date of visit: August 2018