“It's good enough”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hawkesbury
Ontario
“It's good enough”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

It's good enough for us to stay here again in the future. We were 3 adults staying in a suite, for 2 nights. The room had a living room with a separate bedroom with very comfortable king bed. The sofa bed mattress though was very old and not comfortable. Like the good and bad for the sleeping accomodations, our whole experience was full of "good and bad".
We had to request more towels, more pillows upon arrival. We changed room assignment as our first room had a terrible smell. The room had a new TV but an old, noisy A/C. The check-in and check-out were seamless. The reception staff were super friendly and accomodating. We were provided with all the coffee we needed. We also got free WiFi in the room for 3 computers. The suite came with mini fridge, table, 6 chairs but no dishes. The glasses were foam and plastic. The microwave was in the lobby. The coffee maker prepares a single serving at a time.
The hotel has a nice pool with hot tub and lounge chairs. There are no poolside tables or chairs. They do provide pool towels upon request.
For the quality, this hotel overcharges a bit. They are the only option in town ! Overall, we would return, as it's good enough.
Crossing Tupper Street brings you to a Tim Horton's, a 2-minute walk. A 5-minute walk brings you to a MacDonald's. A 15-minute walk brings you to a Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire. A whole street of outlet shopping under construction.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BWP_LHERITAGE, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your comment.your observations have aided us in locating areas of our service needing improvement.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a very good place to stop on my solo bike trip to Montreal last week- end. The room was clean, the reception was warm and the bed was comfortable. After a 100km bike ride I was hungry for a good meal. I was well served by the restaurant downstairs - i had the chicken cesear salad! It was fresh and delivered quickly to my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
BWP_LHERITAGE, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a good comment. I am pssaing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the Hawkesbury area.

Regards,

Madelaine
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed in July, very helpfull staff member at front desk Jessie Sylvia, Thank-You for all your services! Outstanding services from this young lady were very much appreciated. Bed was comfortable, room was not as clean as it should have been, lint on carpets, taps in bathroom dirty, hole in wall where sprinkler was re-installed, loose caulking along bathroom counter, corners of bathroom floor tiles were very dirty. This room could use a make over and good cleaning in general. I would not recommend the room we had for the money we paid as dirt does not impress me when I am sleeping away from home. Quiet for sleeping. The receptionist was the highlight for our stay here, very courteous and knowledgable.

Room Tip: Not clean, very poorly managed house keeping and upkeeping of rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
BWP_LHERITAGE, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accomodations and service during your recent visit at our Hotel
northeast
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The place appears to have had a recent superficial makeover - newer lobby, new TVs, tile - but same old AC units, bathroom fixtures, etc. We checked in on a very hot day - at about 9:00 pm. Check in was fine, but our room was 27 Celius! No one had turned on the AC - fine - we turned it on ourselves and settled in - got ready for bed, checked email (only free access for one user!), etc. By 10:30 pm the temperature had gone down only 1/2 degree so we called the front desk and were advised that the AC in the room had been "fixed" that day and apparently maintenance hadn't turned it on!? Great - I advised her the room temperature was unacceptable. A maintenance guy shows up in a few minutes, looks at the AC unit and advises us it's working fine- I told him we had been there for 1 1/2 hours and the temperature went down 1/2 degree - at that rate it would be comfortable in 10 1/2 hours - he didn't seem to think that was an issue!!!!!!!! After a few "choice words" he got the message we weren't happy. Then we got a call from the front desk - she had another room available and we could go look at it - fine - down I go (in my nightdress 'cause it's been a long day and I'm really tired!). Anyway, the new room looks ok - dusty but the AC is on- so the front desk tells me I can move my stuff and bring the old key back to the front desk when I'm done. Once we got settled in the new room we realized the fridge wasn't plugged in - we had insulin and it needs refrigeration! I realize it's important to be "energy wise" - but doesn't anyone in the housekeeping/maintenance department care about the comfort and convenience of their guests??? Oh yeah - also - besides the "one user" internet policy, there is a "less than gererous" supply of towels - we had a room with 2 double beds - there were (you guessed it) 2 face clothes, 2 hand towels and 2 bath towels. There is no free breakfast of any kind. A sign advertised a Persian restaurant, but nothing was open. There isn't much around the area either. The hotel has 2 floors and no elevator. The hallways were very hot. The lamp was unplugged in the first room - we moved the night stand to reach the plug - whatever was on the floor behind it was not good. If you are desperate for a place to spend one night and don't expect much, this place may be ok, otherwise keep driving the extra hour to Montreal (if heading east) or Ottawa (if heading west) and find something (anything) better.

Room Tip: Look at any room before you accept it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank happyredcruiser
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western L'Heritage. I appreciated your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apoilogies for all the inconvenience you experienced. I have investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. My staff will also be made aware of your commenbts and we will all take immediate corrective action. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western L'Heritage the next time your in HawKesbury.

Travelers are raving about these Hawkesbury hotels

Chicopee, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 5, 2012

the front desk was very nice, and helpfull.but the room was ok for 1 night, the bed was confertable, but the rugbetween the 2 beds was very dirty and stain. the breakfest we orders 2 order of toast and 2 coffee $ 12.00 plus the tip, i though it was a little high on the price.i don't think i would eat there again.Timm Horton is right across the street we should of went there. if ther is a next time i would make sure the rug is not dirty like this one was. ther is not to many motel around there.

Room Tip: make sure you inspect your room , the beds, batroom and the floor (Rug) before you take it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gjpb60
BWP_LHERITAGE, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We are sorry for your experience at our hotel. The rug in the room is new 2 weeks only and you are the first one to use. This rooms are new opened 3 weeks ago only.We are working on our breakfat.We will try our best to serve you better on your next trip. Thank you for your survay it helps us to serve our guest better.

thanks
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2012

All I could say about this hotel is good thing. The staff is extra, the new upgrade of the rooms, the cleanliness and the food are super. It's been quite a long time that i use there service and they always impress me. I've seen a lot of change(upgrade) during all those years. This is why I always go back. The last few month were amazing. If you have a chance to stop by jump in and check all the amenities this hotel offers. try out the rooms in the new addition. I'm impress. The room are very nice and charming. They now have a salted pool , spa, steam room and new fitness center and business center to accomodate the guest. I,M telling you if you have a chance to visit the hotel you wont regret.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to write and comment the horel. It is always a pleasure to serve our guests.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2012

As a business traveller my work has had me travelling across Canada for 10 years now. I have stayed in nearly every brand out there. Some were very good and others not so good. One thing for sure is I have never been disappointed when I go to Ottawa and stay at the . The location

Room Tip: I was told that new 16 rooms is coming soon
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
It is appriciated that you took the time to write a comment . I am sure it will help other customer on deciding which hotel to go. Once again thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawkesbury
Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello
#2 of 2 in Grenville-sur-la-Rouge
Motel Bel Eau
Motel Bel Eau
#2 of 2 in Montebello

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!