“Plesant Lunch”

Ranked #6 of 84 Restaurants in Huntsville
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We attended for lunch recently. Ate in the Muskoka Room. Nice environment for late spring warm day. Service was very attentive and professional. Food was great. Chef managed to make an old staple, calamari both unique and scrumptious. The onion slivers were a great compliment. My "better half" had not had liver in a while but is very particular about this dish given our Waterloo Region roots. She was very complimentary. I chose the pickerel. The glaze was the best I have had anywhere. Fish itself done just right.
We cottage about 30 minutes away but will be making the trip to Spencer's again. The combination of very dedicated service with great food will make up for the required "jaunt" even in the off season.
P.S. great value.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was my firt time dining at Tall Trees and I will definitely go back. the service was excellent, the view fantastic, and the food delicious.

I had the duck confit poutine and the veal oscar. They were both fabulous. I was too full for dessert, but everything sounded amazing.

There were some nice touches that I think are important to note. They brought out olive oil and balsamic vinegar instead of butter, had pink Himalayan sea salt on the tables, and they had a peppercorn blend on all of the tables.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Six of us went for dinner one night. The service is excellent and the food is very good. I made the mistake of ordering the strip loin steak, which was on special. It was not good. Very tough. Everyone else's food was very good. Although I did not eat my steak, nothing was done about it. Will choose prime rib next time. Will go back again for sure.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Been many times over the years since the Spencer's bought Tall Trees, but never felt compelled to write a review. The staff does not turn over like at many other places. This means that they get to know you and your likes and dislikes. We usually have one of the Table d'Hote offerings (usually a selection between fish, prime rib, chicken, or pasta) with appetizer and dessert. Menu items are also very good.

The atmosphere, being an old home, is truly warm no matter what time of year you attend. Tall Trees in Huntsville is truly a four season establishment that provides great food at a fair price.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our server Fran was really pleasant and accommodating, even though it was an extremely busy Saturday night. The table d'hôte specials offered the best value and all dishes were appreciated by the four of us, including the following: the three onion soup, field greens salad, mixed grill (especially the ribs), halibut and stuffed chicken breast. Vegies were all nicely, lightly cooked. Wine was on the expensive side at an average of about $60 per bottle. The desserts were all good: fresh berries, chocolate pyramid and especially the bread pudding.