“Staying overnight up north just got better !”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Took our 5 yr old grandson with us for an overnight in Huntsville to visit relatives and had a great time at this hotel.

Being a newer hotel the rooms and facilities were excellent and have been kept to a very clean and warming standard.

What really set this hotel apart from others for us was the incredible staff. From the moment we walked in till our leaving we were treated with warmth and genuine hospitality.

Special mention should be given to " Aunt Polly" who ensures that the breakfast area is clean, organized and continually stocked with great selections and variety of products for breakfast.

Both of the front desk staff that we dealt with were again, 'genuinely' pleasant and helpful ... something like you would expect from family.

We will definitely return when we are in this area !

Room Tip: We were on the fifth of five floors and it was very quiet ... I would contact the hotel directly ( w...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I just spent one night here en route to Algonquin Park, but I really enjoyed the hotel. The rooms are clean, spacious and quiet. If you're on the back of the building, you get a bit of a view of the river running through town. They had organized lots of activities for the Family Day long weekend, which I didn't participate in, but it was good to see that they had done so. In terms of location, it's a very short drive from the 400 and right across the street from several restaurants or shops, which came in handy as I needed to get to a pharmacy and there was one right there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bonasa
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My arrival started with a warm welcome from Ashley. She began our family vacation off on the right note. I received an upgraded room for the rest of my stay!
I travel for work extensively throughout North America and have seen my share of Holiday Inns.
My wife loves palm trees and warm climates, so naturally, a good husband would take her North to Muskoka in the middle of February during a chilling artic cold front!
Matthew made sure my wife was happy by winning her over. The pool was a perfect temperature and it was even a couple degrees warmer just for her! If she was happy I was happy in my winter wonder land.
Next I went ice fishing for the afternoon, and found that Matthew accomodated my wife by moving us to another room to make her stay more enjoyable! Thank you Matthew, we understand and appreciate the trouble you went through during this busy long weekend!
I am hoping with a happy wife, I can return to my winter wonderland next year. I love it up here during the coldest of winter days, and during the hotest of summer months. Truely a Canadian get away to enjoy the best it has to offer The North.

As for the details, all the nicest restaurants, quaint little town to suit all tastes, artful and adventureous! Clean and new hotel, breakfast was great!

Room Tip: Take a room viewing the rear of the building. It has a beautiful view of the field behind it. The...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Konrad B
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Very friendly staff with nice smile. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Great location and fair price. The swimming pool is not very large but enough for a small group each time. There is good restaurants and a lot to see in the area. A temptation to return

Room Tip: Been there 5 times at different levels, all great
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tony s
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Hotel was perfect for my friend and I. We were visiting another friend from Huntsville. Since we had a long drive we thought it would be nice to stay the night, have dinner with our friend and do some shopping the next day.

We signed up for Preffered Customer and recieved a late check-out for 2pm which was perfect for us. We were able to have breakfast at the hotel and a nice workout in the gym before getting ready to leave.

The rooms were clean and the beds were extremely comfortable with the choice of soft or firm pillows (nice touch).

Staff was very welcoming and helpful.

There was restaurants across the street to walk to and found this very convenient.

The only negative was the pool is only half the size compared to it's picture....disappointing

Would stay again : )

Lori

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lori M
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I would like to thank Lindsay at the front desk and Apolina in the breakfast area for making our stay particularly enjoyable. Both these employees should be commended for their excellent customer service. They were very pleasant and went above and beyond to accomodate our group. Our swim team stayed two nights and all of us were thoroughly impressed with the hotel, it's amenties, cleaniless and helpful staff. Great breakfast as well. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious and modern. Nice contempory decor with clean mattresses. It's worth spendin...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was my second stay at the Holiday Inn in Huntsville. The front desk staff are very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. There is a pool and a small gym. Breakfast was included in the price. I will probably go back next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank love2travel2italy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Best Western Plus Muskoka Inn
#5 of 18 in Huntsville
Deerhurst Resort
Deerhurst Resort
#3 of 18 in Huntsville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville? Share your experiences!