“Great value for the price - Friendly Staff”

Econolodge Huntsville
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed here for two nights and were overall pretty pleased with the stay. The room was spacious furnished really well, great value for the price

The staff were friendly and welcoming and the breakfast was great too.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
econolodgehutnsville, Manager at Econolodge Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please know that your comments will be passed along to all of our staff members. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we once again have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed May 25, 2011

on a recent visit to Huntsville I stayed @ this Hotel, i found the staff very friendly and eager to please, everything was very clean! Great value for room and breakfast. A job well done to the management.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
econolodgehutnsville, General Manager at Econolodge Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

I would like to Thank you for your kind comments regarding Econolodge Huntsville

General manager

Reviewed May 23, 2011

A very surprising facility with nicely appointed clean rooms, with a continental breakfast at a budget rate. This is the best value for your money in the Huntsville area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2011

We came in after midnight as a walk in customer and were offered a rate of $60 for the night. It was very clean and comfortable. No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
econolodgehutnsville, General Manager at Econolodge Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is only through the feedback of our very valuable guests that we can really determine how we are doing. Please know that your comments will be passed along to all of our staff members. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we once again have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2010

Stayed here for one night and did not sleep. The staff which is being generous because I could only find one person hiding in a back room to help me. They had some guests with kids running playing knicky knicky 9 door on all the rooms at midnight. We the guests put a stop to the kids doing this with a few threats which I found to be extreme but the staff couldn't stop them. Once that noise stopped we found out where the parents were.... Well they had turn their room below us into a campfire sing along. Guitars pound on furniture the staff could stop them either. Choice words 2am all was quiet. As you can tell staff useless. Get a new manager.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank brucehammell
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We booked through Expedia few days prior to our trip. Not much else was available... Typical motel but newer. Thin walls... Breakfast - scarse, pure carbs... Bathroom newer, clean. Internet did not work. Location - OK, nothing special. Overpriced like everything else in Huntsville... OK for an overnight stopover. Next time will book in advance - to have more and better choices.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Dealing with the stuff in the hotel is a nightmare!

I booked 3 rooms for $103 per room on 8/Sep/2010 for staying 1 night at 2/Oct/2010 through Eserus as our company is affiliated with it.

When we tried to check in at around 8pm, the lady at the reception asked the each room should show corporate ID. I total her that we are on vacation and didn’t bring any corporate ID. She refused to check us in at the discounted corporate price and told me that she can easily give our room at $189 at to a walk in client!

I requested to call the hotel manager and tell her that in my reservation confirmation there is no where stated that we should bring our corporate ID and no body tell me in advance I should bring it with me. She said that she left me a voice mail on 30/Sep(2 days before the check in date) to remind me to bring it(which is true) but I was not in office so I didn’t get the message
Then I searched my wallet for every card trying to find something with my company logo and luckily I find my heath benefits card with my company logo. I thought now everything should be settled but she still won’t let us check in with rate $103 for the other 2 rooms – the other 2 rooms should still pay $149!

I was so frustrated and the front desk lady asked us to leave the hotel as she was eager to give our room to the walk-in client! Both sides agree to call police to find a solution but when the police come, she already gave 1 of our room to the walk in client!

We were so angry and decide to leave the hotel at around 10pm and drove 3 hours back home to Toronto and escalate this issue to higher management! The hotel staff were completely money driven and without professionalism.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank coo007
econolodgehutnsville, General Manager at Econolodge Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2011

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your problem at Econolodge,huntsville. Your comments towards our staff were very generous and will certainly be passed along to them.
As a guest they should have to provide identification for discount had given by choice hotel.Choice hotel had informed them with thier confirmation by email to bring thier corporate id and as a manager i had called to phone number was given to us and left a massage to bring thier identification .
They reserved three rooms under thier compny discount at $103(regular rate was $149).As a policy we can give discount to person who is working for this compny .Only one person was working for this compny and reserved two other rooms for their friends.We offerd other two rooms at 10% off our regular rate .We tried our best to accomodate this customer.we offer them to check in for one room and then they can decide if they still wants to stay or not.They waited about two hours in lobby .We asked them to decide what they wants to do.it was 10pm they still not sure what they wants to do.They were screaming and threatening my staff that they will write on internet and call pollice if we don't rent this rooms at rate was given.
We talked to choice hotel reservation office and ask them what we suppose to do as per their instruction they said if guest can not provide thier id for rate was given and they don't want to stay then we have to charge them for empty room if we can not rent it.We don't had a choice to rent it out to walking guest after they don't want to stay and we don't wants to charge them for empty rooms after late night.They called pollice.Police said same thing they can not do anything about it they have to provide thier id for proof to get discount or stay at rate was offered by hotel. they decide to go home.

Thank you for considering this response.we were not trying to make money we trying to follow our policy to treat all customer same.

Diana