“They treated us the best”
Review of Motel 6 Huntsville

Motel 6 Huntsville
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
London, United Kingdom
“They treated us the best”
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Stayed at this Motel 6 and we had no idea what to expect, other than we new it was newly built. They were the best. Courteous staff who gave us excellent tips for travelling in the Huntsville area. Made our trip to Algonquin all the better

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Toronto
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I travelled with my husband and three year old son and ensured the room we booked was non smoking. Upon arrival we were given a smoking room that smelled disgusting - they refused to place us in another room, even after telling them my son was coughing from the smoke. The girl at the front desk dismissed us with complete lack of empathy - when we left I could smell the cigarette smoke in all of our belongings and on my sons skin. I have travelled extensively, in fact our family stayed at the Red Tulip down the street and had a brilliant experience with friendly attentive service. I will never go back to this hotel and warn those travelling with small children to be wary.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank BusinessTravellerTO
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Even though the price for this place was very reasonable, there are some things you have to remember if you are going to stay here. There is not one thing extra in this motel. No shampoo, no conditioner, no hand lotion, no ironing, no blow-drier, no room coffee for the morning(although there is a machine in the lobby), no breakfast - really it's just a place to crash. The bathtub was really odd. It was sort of triangular shaped. Small at the front, wider in the middle and small again in the back. Sort of like an odd coffin shape. I hated this because I love to take a hot bath before I go to bed and there was no way you could do anything other than cross your legs and sit in the middle of the tub. Oh yeah - I found the bed too soft for me. For these reasons I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Just-Cath
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 13, 2009

We stayed one night here before arriving at our Algonquin campsite and loved it. The motel was quiet when we stayed so we had the indoor - clean - swimmingpool almost to ourselves. The room was in superb condition, the staff was friendly, parking was free and we slept well. What more do you need? Well, breakfast, but that's not supplied here. There's a Wall mart across the street and diners on the way to Algonquin. Altogether: price value is good and you can get a discount with your AAA-card.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed July 31, 2008

I stayed at the motel 6 last summer for a few months while working up in Huntsville. The staff there, are by far the greatest staff at a hotel. I had a small dog who they watch for me, let him outside for me, bent over backwards for me. Each day I would come home from work they would always ask how my day was, if I needed a wake up call for the next morning. My bed sheets were changed everyother day while I was staying there. The free wireless internet was great. The rooms were tiny... but dont forget it, it is a Motel 6 you are staying at not a Riu. If I was to stay over night again in Huntsville at a hotel, it would be there without a second thought!

• Liked — staff, free wireless,
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Liked this place a lot, we were only stayin one night but ended up staying two!
very clean, staff really pleasant, handy little pool there. Really handy for the town too

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2008

My family stayed at this motel while in the Huntsville area based on the reviews on this site.
We were greeted by friendly staff and checked in what I would consider to be early, although I didn't see check in or check out times posted anywhere.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable. They seemed to cut some corners on things you would expect pretty much anywhere else. There was no shampoo or kleenex in the room, although you could ask for both at the front desk for no charge. There was a heated indoor swimming pool which was small but nice. I felt this motel was a good value. We paid &79.99 CDN for our family of four. I would recommend this motel to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive, clean and comfortable place to stay, without some of the extras that you may be used to at other motels / hotels.

• Liked — Clean, inexpensive, heated indoor pool
  • Disliked — Seemed to cheap out on the small stuff. ie....no shampoo or kleenex in room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family