“Quite nice”

Best Western Plus Muskoka Inn
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We chose the Best Western over the Motel 6 because it was $10 less and included a continental breakfast, plus it seemed "warmer" than the sterile looking motel. The staff were nice enough but the guy who checked us in seemed tired and a bit vacant. There is a Best Western offer being advertised on TV at the moment but none of the staff mentioned it to us. They were also vague about the restaurant discount which is 10% off at the restaurants opposite.
We arrived at our room next to the elevator which was a slight concern but it was not noisy. The room seemed clean and comfortable. That night the air conditioner stopped working and the front desk lady did her best to come up with solutions, cleaning the filer and providing us with a fan (after prompting). The air con actually revived itself so in the end we had a comfortable sleep. There was no pay per view movies which I was kind of thinking there would be.
The next day there was a fire alarm at 8am. We stood outside for quite some time before the fire engine came and we were given the all-clear to go in. The fireman told us one of the 3 hotels in a row is always setting off the alarm with faulty smoke detectors, popcorn in the microwave and so on. It seemed like the cry wolf story and I hope they would get there quick enough in a real fire. I would have thought that the staff would have said "something" to the guests but they said nothing at all during or after and there seemed to be no particular assembly point.
The breakfast was reasonable. None of the staff asked any friendly questions but they did their job politely.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Muskoka Inn

Reviewed May 17, 2010

We stayed a the Best Western Muskoka Inn for 1 night. The hotel was located directly beside 2 other hotels, a Wal-Mart, Kelsey's and a few other stores. It is close to downtown Huntsville and about 5 minutes to Arrowhead Provincial Park.

As someone else mentioned, it is not a hotel to stay in if you're looking for a "Muskoka" view but it is a very clean, friendly and a good value hotel. The rooms were typical hotel type rooms - average size but very clean and comfortable.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool was perhaps the smallest hotel pool I have even seen - but luckily my children were the only people in it so the size wasn't an issue.

The breakfast was nice - nothing fancy - typical breads, bagels and cereals. The breakfast room staff lady was extremely helpful and friendly.

This was a very nice hotel - clean and comfortable!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Kelli99
Reviewed July 23, 2009

The hotel is located among a grouping of three hotels. There's a pool and a whirlpool, but no scenery to speak of. However, you're not going to be staying at an old Muskoka lodge, but a Best Western and as far as Best Westerns go, this one was quite good. The breakfasts could be improved, but the rooms were comfortable (they had fridges). The rates were very good. All the Muskoka sites are nearby and Huntsville is a fun town to visit for a day or two.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2009

It was my first time staying in a Best Western and I can say that I was nicely surprised by the one in Huntsville. The place looked new. Every thing was bright and clean. The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff was very friendly although not totally with it.
At the time of our stay we were pretty much the only guests. We didn’t actually see anybody else and it felt like having the whole place for ourselves. I recommend the swimming pool and Jacuzzi!
It’s a great place to stay if you are planning to visit the arrowhead and Algonquin parks.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Great hotel, especially for a Best Western. New, clean, and very friendly and helpful staff. Restaraunts and shopping near by. No, it isn't right outside Algonquin, but anyone who opens a map can see that. Still, for a roadside, urban hotel, we were very pleased.
Rooms were clean and nicely decorated, pool was small but nice and clean. Would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I stayed at the BW Muskoka with my husband and two kids (12 and 15) last week end. This is an excellent hotel: very clean, good service. The pool and the hot tub were not too crowdy even if the hotel was fully booked. The hotel is conveniently located right at the entrance of Huntsville and at the door of the Algonquin Park. There are plenty of restaurants around and the hotel is only at a 5 minute drive to historic Huntsville where there are many pubs and local restaurants. I would definitively go back!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Spyder18
Reviewed May 6, 2008

They claim to be at the gateway of Algonquin park yet it took me well over 40 minutes to get from my hotel to the park gates. The view from my room was not of the muskoka scenery but instead of the walmart parking lot. If I wanted to see a walmart parking lot I would drive down the street from my house not drive 3 hours north. The only semi positive thing I can say is that some of the staff was friendly. I would not stay at this hotel again especially seeing as there are many other resorts much closer to the park. My advice to other people is to research for the smaller resorts before booking because they are all closer to the park.

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank mufintop_01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville
#5 of 18 in Huntsville
Deerhurst Resort
Deerhurst Resort
#3 of 18 in Huntsville

Been to Best Western Plus Muskoka Inn? Share your experiences!