“Enjoyed new item on the Menu”
Review of East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's
Ranked #33 of 85 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stopped for lunch and it was wonderful. I tried a new item on the menu and enjoyed it a lot. It was a pasta roll with ricotta cheese, spinach and seasonings in a rose sauce. Very filling entree. The house salad came to the table and had no dressing on it. No problem for the waitress who promptly got a container of dressing for the shared salad bowl within minutes. The coffee, even though it was hot, was not very good. It seem to be a little too mild tasting. The big plus for this place was the service. Our server, Mary, was excellent.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Staying nearby for a girls' weekend my friend and I headed to East Side's for dinner. As we were arriving several minor hockey teams were leaving. We were politely asked to wait, which we had no problem doing. Once seated, we waited almost 10 minutes before being asked for drink orders, another 5 before ordering our food. 20 minutes we still did not have our food, but our salads arrived. A quick question to a server reassured us our food was coming, it arrived more than 30 minutes after we ordered it. The reason we were offered first was that they had had a huge rush. Yes we were aware of that, they left as we were arriving and the restaurant had been half-empty since. Then we were told it was because one of our meals was a special order - due to an allergy a sauce substitution was requested on the pasta dish. The couple at the table next to ours was seated 5 minutes after us and had eaten and paid their bill before we were even served our meal.

I am sure some from our party will wish to eat there during this year's girls' weekend and I sincerely hope that the service is much improved.

1  Thank Adriel17
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was not feeling the greatest when I went. Service was good but restaurant was loud and busy. They could use more seats.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

I was at ESM last night on a business trip. Apparently there was also an OFSAA ski meet nearby and it was jammed everywhere. When I arrived, there was room at the bar so I grabbed a spot, but the restaurant was also trying to squeeze 7 people across the bar meaning I had to move over and get squeezed, but it was way too tight and there were no other tables. I said I would pay for my drink and leave, but after a quick huddle the bar server came over and said they didn't want me to leave and would find a spot. The owner also came over and said the same thing. After a quick wait they found a bar table for me. Lots of restaurants would've let me leave, but I really appreciated them making sure I was taken care of. Food was excellent (all u can eat salad and pizza) and the service at my table was also excellent and pleasant. I've been there before on trips, but now I'll definitely go back. I wanted to go and thank the owner, but he was busy in the kitchen, so thanks!!!

2  Thank Adamscott
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I honestly can't say a good thing about this restaurant - the whole experience from the time we got there to the time we paid the bill was brutal.

When we walked in we had to wait over 10 minutes to be greeted by a hostess and the line of people behind us was growing fast because it was 6PM...what's even better is that while we were the first people in line, the hostess felt it was appropriate to seat her friends before the people who were waiting in the line first. Once we were seated at our table - we requested a booth, however we were told that only tables were available and they sat us at the table closest to the kitchen...even though there were plenty of booths open and other tables available…but we weren’t allowed to move.

Once our waitress finally came to our table, after about 20 minutes of wondering if they forgot about us (which was surprising because everyone had to walk by us to get to the kitchen), she didn't offer to take our drink just came by to say she'd be back in a minute...but it was another 10 minutes. Finally she came back and took our entire order...we didn't order anything too extravagant or complicated but somehow they managed to screw it up. We ordered a couple pizza's along with all you can eat salad and bread...well we were only offered one round of salads and one loaf of bread so it was not in fact "all you can eat", the waitress took our plates and didn't even offer to bring more - we had to convince her to bring us more (pretty damn sad!).

Once we got our pizzas they were both burnt, the crust was rock hard and charred. I wasn't impressed but at this point we were pressed for time so I sucked it up and ate the crappy burnt thing they called a pizza. I couldn't eat all of it because it was far too cooked and we were in a hurry so we asked to have it wrapped up...well the pizza was still warm and they brought us a clear plastic dessert container...these are not meant to store hot or warm food...after asking for a Styrofoam container I was told they didn't have any then immediately I saw a waitress emerge from the kitchen with 2 Styrofoam containers...nice! We asked for the bill, waited another 15 minutes, asked for the bill again and after another 5 minutes the waitress finally brought it to our table...but then took another 10 minutes to bring over the payment terminal. It was a brutally painful experience - I would never ever go back. Don't waste your time or your money! I’d rather go hungry than waste another minute of my time or another penny of my money on that place.

9  Thank BigBig-L