“Not worth it.”

Cross street: Main St. E
Huntsville, Ontario
“Not worth it.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Thought we would give this place another chance after a sub par 1st visit and a couple fo over cooked steaks. We got burned again (excuse the pun) it turns out, the steaks were overcooked, the staff just as slow & disinterested as before and the prices way too high for the food quality. Tip: get some steaks from the grocer, Bar BQ them at home - will taste as good if not better

Visited December 2012

Huntsville
“A lovely surprise”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We went to celebrate my husband's birthday and our anniversary. I wanted it to be perfect, as I had invited seven other people to celebrate with us. They gave us a table with an amazing view of the river. The service was just right, friendly and attentive. The steaks were cooked perfectly. Several people ordered the pasta special and were raving about it for weeks after. The only complaint I would have is that the veggies were a little cold. I thought the menu had lots of choices and the prices were reasonable for what we got. We were not disappointed and will definitely come back.

• Visited March 2013
bracebridge
“quality steak great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This restaurant is very warm and inviting. The view out over the frozen river is breathtaking. My wife and I and another couple had dinner here and had an amazing experience. The service was friendly and accomodating. The food is to die for, crabcakes, scallops and the best ceaser salad I have ever had. As well we had the Ribeye the Steak Oscar and the amazing Surf n Turf for two! compliments to the chef. Cant wait to go back in the summer to enjoy the outdoor patio

• Visited January 2013
Toronto, Ontario
“Great appetizers but cold steak”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

A friend and I were in Huntsville for the "Girls' Getaway Weekend" November 9-11, 2012 and had a great weekend overall. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which was clean and comfortable. We had sushi downtown Huntsville for lunch which was exceptional. Very hearty handrolls and good service. We were looking for a nice dinner on the Saturday night before the Amanda Marshal concert and our hotel recommended Blackburn's. We checked out the menu during the day while downtown shopping and made reservations.
The ambiance was fine, nice and warm inside and the menu looked great. We each ordered an appetizer, one sea scallops and one crab cakes Benny and both were excellent. My friend couldn't find anything she wanted for a main on the menu so they accommodated her request to make up a jumbo black tiger shrimp main, and I ordered the bison rib eye.
The service was quite slow and the restaurant was very busy. When our meals finally came both our proteins were barely room temperature, while our sides were steaming hot. I let my meat rest at home but this was excessive and the steak was extremely thin. I don't think i have ever had such a thin piece of meat. However it was cooked to medium well. I think had it been a thicker cut it may have retained its temperature and i would have enjoyed it more.
I did complain, my friend did not. They offered to make another, but we had no time for that. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the cost of my entire main was taken off the bill. We were also looking forward to dessert that night, but dinner was so slow we had no time to have it. I would however return to Blackburn's in the future, but would order the filet, which the ladies next to us who arrived at least 30-45 mins after us received almost at the exact time as our main came out and they appeared to be enjoying it.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Haggis678
Cambridge, Canada
“Got the steak right - good start for a steakhouse”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The steak was just right, which is more than you can say for so many so-called steakhouses these days! Friendly staff and good atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012