“One of my favourites” 5 of 5 bubbles

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“One of my favourites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

This park was my first camping experience years ago and I must say I have to go back every year. I love the trails at the park. Big bend is a great view and I love to swim in the falls. The sites are nice and private and they have winter activities too. Not to far of a ride if you need to go to town. Good lake for the kids. bring your canoe or rent theirs. If you have small children they have programs to entertain. Love this place

Visited August 2013
3 Thank BIZGIRL2369

huntsville
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“The most wonderful time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

It will soon be time for winter activities in Arrowhead.
33 km of fantastic cross country trails from beginner to expert? Lots of elevation changes or stay relatively flat on the East river trail? my favourite is the Arrowhead Lake trail.
Also bring your skates and skate in the woods. a unique experience for sure.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank jlgHuntsville
Huntsville, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“All should see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We access Arrowhead on a regular basis...the beaches are great. Having no motorized boats on the lake makes it very safe. The hiking trails are incredible. Big Bend and Stubb Falls are a sight to behold. The ice trails in the winter for skating are fantastic. The night skates are beautiful and fascinating. Snowshoeing is spectacular. There are activities for all to enjoy. We hope to rent a kayak or canoe there at some point and try that as we'll.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Laura V
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Even in the rain it was amazing, beautiful, breathtaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My friend and I went for a day visit to the Arrowhead Provincial Park. It was pouring rain but we came to Huntsville for our annual hiking trip so we got our rain gear on and headed to the park. It is just plain beautiful. We did 3 of their trails and changed our wet clothes 3 times but enjoyed every second of the experience. I got amazing pictures and made some lovely memories. Special thanks go out to Josh at the office/gift shop. Even though he thought we were two crazy ladies for wanting to hike on such a rainy day, he had great customer service, helped us find where we wanted to go, was very friendly and had a great sense of humour. I can't wait to go back again with my husband one day to show him around.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Magglett
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great family getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our family spent 5 days at Arrowhead this summer and they were perfect!

The park is HUGE! It has a full range of outdoor / nature activities for the whole family. In addition, there are plenty of other families, so the kinds have new friends to play with.

I would have given the campgrounds a 5 star, but there are a couple of drawbacks. There are plenty of washroom facilities, but the outhouses that I used were very, very smelly. I was also disappointed that they did not have some lights for the little ones. Bathroom trips in the middle of the night are scary enough.

Also, there was poison ivy in a number of places, and while there were signs, I did not know going in that that was going to be the case. No incidents thankfully!

On the upside, there are little rapids, great hiking trails, plenty of water to swim in and lots of bike riding to be done.

I highly recommend the park.

Visited August 2013