“Beautiful Park”

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Beautiful Park”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. The sites are large and private. Washrooms are cleaned regularly. Trails are nice. Beach is lovely. We even got to see the resident moose on our last visit.
Will return again next year

Visited July 2013
1 Thank camper1973

Port Hope, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Quiet Park”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I think this park would be good for families with small children and those looking for a quiet park.

We stayed in the Roe campground at site 477, I would attempt to book this site again in the future. I couldn't get over the spacing between our site and our neighbours, the privacy is a must in my opinion.

The lake is very small, but my kids still had fun. The bike trail that goes around the lake is adequate, my 7 yr old had to walk a couple of the hills while my 10 yr old moaned about us taking too long.

All in all I like this park, I found it small but the upside was the peace and quiet.

1 Thank Steve B
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“dog beach is awesome!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were there in July with our dog and he loved swimming there. campsite was nice and clean, outhouse is clean but the comfort stations are just so-so.
But overall, this is a very nice campsite and we would definitely love to go back there again!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jo W
Toronto
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“One of the best parks in Muskoka!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We spent a long weekend in August at Arrowhead in East River campgrounds. Our site was spacious, next to the walking trail and close enough to the outhouses. The outhouses are in clean condition, there are also washrooms with flushing toilets in the same campgrounds.
The park has numerous walking trails and beautiful lookouts. Do take a canoe ride down to falls. The surroundings are truly beautiful!
There are a few fishing spots, bike rentals and beaches along the Arrowhead lake. We did not check out beaches because the weather was cold, but from what I saw the beaches are clean and big enough to accommodate big crowds.
We go camping every summer and Arrowhead is one of the best parks we have been to. Highly recommend!

Bowmanville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome Bike Trails!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Pow Wow Point Lodge and went to Arrowhead for the morning to do the bike trails- I can't say enough about them! Great lengths, (I think the two were a total of 8.3km) and very scenic and beautiful! I am not fit by any means so I ended up walked a few of the up-hills but if I can do it, you can do it! Definitely worth a try!

1 Thank salazar49