“Poor managment is the issue”
Review of Chucks roadhouse

Chucks roadhouse
Ranked #42 of 88 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Crabby Joe's Tap & Grill offers a casual, relaxed family friendly restaurant and bar experience and a menu with something for everyone. Good Food... Good Fun... Bad Temper!
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in with the family for a quick meal. First thing we notice on the table is a tent card advertising a wing and beer deal.

I decide to order that and the waiter quickly tells me that the promotion is only valid during hockey games. I then ask why it is on the table only to be told it states that on the card. I accept this and order a drink. Upon further glance at the promotion card I notice there is nothing stating any conditions to the offer. I show this to the waiter purely out of principal and he agrees that I should be able to order it but his manager would not allow it. I tell him that he should tell his manager he has a unhappy customer.

A few minutes go by and I am visited by an obviously annoyed "manager" she proceeded to explain to me again the promotion is only valid during hockey games and that she will give me the deal since I am upset but will not do it again. I simply say that if there are conditions on an advertised promotion those conditions should be advertised as well.

We proceed to order or meals. My wings come out quickly they were over cooked and bland. We then waited a very long time for our mains which were just a couple of sandwiches. Our server was a pleasant younger guy who seemed to be the only server covering both the bar and the dinning room. I felt bad for him as he was trying hard and wanted to take care of the whole promotion issue but was obviously not permitted to make those decisions. On a humourous side note after the whole argument over the wings I happy to glance up at the tv and guess what was playing. A hockey game. The manager was so determined to set us straight she did not even think to notice that the one thing she was saying had to be on for the promotion to be valid was actually on. Anyways I digress.

Food was dropped off by the annoyed manager who was still shooting me daggers for having the nerve to question her.

I had the pulled pork sandwich and found it to be quite tasty and I enjoyed it. My wife had the smoked meat and she also enjoyed hers.

So in short food not bad managment horrendous. Had the server been empowered to make a

2  Thank rdwarrior1975

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We love the food at Crabby Joe's so why not bring my dance team there to eat....well it was a disaster unfortunately. I booked in advance, a week in advance but even then there were too many of us and too little of them. The children were served last, and some weren't ever served. The children were told their dessert was a sucker, just to save time. One family left because they waited an hour and a half. It was a disaster. :( Once the food comes out it's yummy but not worth the trouble.

2  Thank Melanie S
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Ate there twice over a long stay in Huntsville, dining room is cold and open in the winter, the fireplace is only for show!

The bar side is cozy, lively and a more upbeat atmosphere. Food is standard “chain” style food, decent portions, and always the cold French fries!

If you are in need of a run of the mill place, nothing to knock your sox off for sure, but for the most part a safe food establishment.

1  Thank Brent G
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This used to be a great place to visit/eat but I wonder if it's now under new owners? Service was the worst we've had for a long time. Slow delivery and indifferent waitress but the food has really gone downhill. Tough steak and not much of it!

1  Thank Pennyandgeorge
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The food was great value. Service was okay 9place had few customers but servers were all chatting at one table - was between shifts meeting - they just forgot whom the customer was.