“Average Food Experience ON This Chain Eatery” 3 of 5 bubbles

Chucks roadhouse
Ranked #35 of 78 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Crabby Joe's Tap & Grill offers a casual, relaxed family friendly restaurant and bar experience and a menu with something for everyone. Good Food... Good Fun... Bad Temper!
Oakville, Canada
“Average Food Experience ON This Chain Eatery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Food selection was good but prices are comparable to other chain eateries like this. This is my first time to this chain but it is like alot of other chain eatery. Namely if you have been to one than you have been to them all. Service was average as the place was busy thus the food presparation took alot of time. Servers aare university educated but this is the only type of job that they can get to pay off their student loans.

Very friendly but average customer service skills. Left a good tip as they work hard for ttheir money despite being short staffed. It is not their fault as the management decide the staffing level but they need to take this into account when they are busy.

Therefore an average rating for an average food eatery.

Would recommend this place as it is comparable to other chain eateries located across North America.

• Visited August 2012

Ottawa, Canada
“OK, but nothing spectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

This restaurant was close to our hotel so we thought we'd give it a try. Nothing spectacular here. Food was average, decor was fine and prices were about average. Nothing glowing, but nothing really bad either. Just middle of the road.

Visited August 2012
Huntsville, Canada
“Good Food, Bad Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We arrived at 5:30 and didn't see our waiter until 6. I ordered chicken fajitas and the tortillas and toppings arrived 20 minutes before the meal. When we went to pay the waiter claimed he lost the pay machine. We looked over and it was in the dock. As we went to leave another waitress accused us of dining and dashing. I was with my husband and children. We will never be coming back.

Visited August 2012
huntsville
“too loud”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have good and bad experiences.
Lately the food has been good. My husband liked the wings and I enjoyed the burger.
I now have a favourite. It is the salmon stir fry. They let me swap the rice for extra vegetables. makes for good service too.
I just find it too loud.

Visited July 2012
“Don't Go there with a Group”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We went with a group of 30 adults and teen aged sport team.. Yes large, but we phoned ahead to ensure that we could be handled for dinner on a Saturday. Of course the answer was YES as extra staff were to be called in!? We were all seated in the bar area, basically taking it over. It took 30 minutes before our drink orders were confirmed, Yes they took our order and then confirmed it a second time. Got drinks after 50 minutes, some people actually got them in 45!
Let us sit for another 30 min before finally taking all the food orders! How long before the food you ask, the boys got theirs 1st after about 2 hours. The boys were finished and restless and outside before some of the adults got their food after 2 1/2 hrs. Some adults walked out before their food arrived. Others cancelled their orders after over 2 hrs, their food arrived and they refused it closing in on 3 hrs. I requested take-out of a salad and noodle stir-fry. My take-out salad came, I started it and finished it well before my noodles even arrived!
What makes this even more atrocious is the fact the wait staff did not come around and give us any indication of the potential delays Took an hour after our 1st drink to ask about seconds!. Served the patio people who came in after us and left before we had food.
There was no thought of any type of compensation. It all falls on the management. Never go there with a group.

Visited July 2012