We arrived Saturday August 2nd, and was told by the person at the front desk there was just a cancellation. He proceded to tell me the charge of the room would be $250.00 + tax. I was clearly horrified at this rate for a dirty, Super 8, but my family was tired. Minutes later I ran in to the woman who had cancelled the room, we got chatting and she gave me the receipt of her return which was $175.14 including tax. So more than $100.00 more???? When confronted, he told me I was the unlucky one, who got the last room and had to pay so much more. Was is it the last room? I don't know.
The rooms had two towels for four people, stair case filthy, and when my husband and daughter went down for breakfast at 7:20am (breakfast starts at 7am), the front desk person was no where to be found. My husband knocked on door behind desk, and the same person from last night was clearing sleeping and he reported he needed to clean up breakfast room from day before...............garbage was overflowing. He picked up garbage and then continued to put out muffins, milk etc.
I would think certain standards should be followed and if anyone knows of a head office of Super 8 I could contact, I would appreciate you sharing this with me. We have stayed at other Super 8's and have never experienced anything quite like this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pull into our Super 8 Huntsville hotel in the heart of Ontario’s cottage country for a perfect start to your Muskoka trip. Two hours north of Toronto, close to Highway 60 and just thirty minutes from Lake of Bays, our pet-friendly hotel in Huntsville is surrounded by Muskoka’s famous lakes. Our 100% non-smoking hotel offers free Wi-Fi Internet, free cable TV and a microwave,refrigerator and coffee in every room. You’ll start the day off right with a free daily paper and our free Superstart breakfast bonanza.Only five minutes from downtown, our Huntsville hotel is also convenient to the area’s best entertainment, swimming, fishing, shopping and parks. In autumn, enjoy the bright fall colors and in winter,access from snowmobiling,Hidenvally skiing or even dogsledding in Algonquin Provincial Park and Aerrowhead pronincial park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Huntsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Huntsville Travelodge Hotel Huntsville
- Travel Lodge Huntsville
- Travelodge Huntsville
- Huntsville Travel Lodge
- Super 8 Huntsville Ontario