“I would rate the inn 3 1/2 stars.”
Review of King William Inn

King William Inn
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We purchased a Wagjag to stay at the King William. It was very clean and quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable but they need to purchase new pillows. They were so soft it didn't feel like you even had a pillow under your head. They also didn't supply you with shampoo, conditioner or skin lotion. We did get a complimentary bottle of wine but no wine glasses, not quite the same in regular glasses. All in all, we did enjoy it the room, it had a little electric fireplace which was nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHiddenValleyResort, Owner at King William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear valued guest
Thank you for taking the time post a review on
Trip Advisor and by doing this you enable us to be
constantly reviewing the needs of our guests.
I was concerned that you had no toiletries in your
room and that you found our pillows too soft .
Next time you return please contact our front
Desk and would be happy to change your pillows for
something more to your liking .
Housekeeping were alerted to your lack of
our usual in room toiletries .
We look forward to seeing you again in the near
future.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Huntsville is a beautiful town in the Ontario Muskoka region. When visiting there it would only be appropriate to have a accommodation that is equally wonderful. The King William Inn is probably the nicest place to stay without going to a larger overly expensive hotel.
The King William is downtown and a close walk to the shops and restaurants. It is clean, the rooms are spacious and comfortable and the staff is very friendly. They offer a breakfast that includes coffee, juice, bagels and muffins. The only drawback is that the breakfast room is small and can only accommodate four chairs. If another family is in there the space can get pretty crammed. Easiest to take what you need and eat back at your room.
We really enjoyed our stay at the King William and will certainly stay there again when visiting Huntsville. We didn't need much from the staff but anyone we encountered was very friendly and had a smile. Part of the small town charm!

Room Tip: I heard the Jacuzzi suites are very nice. Will try to rent one the next time!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHiddenValleyResort, Owner at King William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear valued guest ,Thank you for your compliments and for taking the time to write a review about The Rodeway Inn.
We love to hear about our satisfied guests and hope we can welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had a very nice stay here, very good value for money. Rooms are clean and confortable, nice to have a small fridge and table for breakfast and making lunches. Conveniently located in Hunstville (5 minutes to the center of town). Friendly and helpful staff

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank julija e

Dear valued guest , Thank you for taking the tome to respond to Trip Advisor .
I am pleased that you felt you received good value for money paid.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Rodeway Inn.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

On our recent trip to Toronto to visit relatives, my Aunt booked us all into the King William Inn while we visited other relatives in Hunstville. After a week in 'The City', it was a breath of fresh air (literally!!) to travel up to Muskoka and take in the fabulous Canadian scenery and hospitality.
We had originally only planned on one night...but my Husband, Son and I loved Huntsville and the surrounding area so much, we decided to stay an extra night.
The King William Inn provided us with a fantastic base, the rooms were large, spacious, clean and very well equipped. The little balcony was a bonus and gave us a great view of a lovely sunset!
Staff were very friendly and efficient; and a great plus was the basic continental breakfast provided. We grabbed a coffee, juice and a bagel on the first morning; but needed a little more sustainance on the second day- so popped to the Tim Hortons down the road.
Thanks King William Inn for making our first trip to Muskoka very comfortable and memorable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tinker23

Dear valued guest ,Thank you for your compliments about The Rodeway Inn , we share this with our staff who work hard to provide superior accomodations every day of the year.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rodeway Inn in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this motel many times in the past. We have never been disappointed. The rooms are super clean and very up to date. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is great. Walking distance to town and all amenities are within steps. It's also nice that you can sit outside of your room and take in the town. AWESOME place!! We will be back again soon!! You won't be disappointed. Great rates too!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Dave S
Jontonn, General Manager at King William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a great review of The Rodeway Inn King William ,
All of the staff at Rodeway Inn love to hear about the great job they are doing for our guests and reviews such as these are shared with them .
We hope you will return soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very clean Inn in the heart of the Muskoka's, in Huntsville Ontario. A nice walk to shopping and dining minutes either way of the Hotel. No resturant facilities on site, but that doesn't hurt this place as there are so many places to go within a 5 minute walking distance. The room was very clean, fully carpeted, coffee maker and a bar fridge in the room, the beds were very comfortable and the washroom was spotless. I sense maybe recently renovated or updated anyways. I recommend staying on the second floor as it has a nice view and a bit of a balcony to have coffee in the morning.

Room Tip: Second floor for the view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank trailboss05
Jontonn, Owner at King William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Guest , Thank you for your positive review of our property and we aim to please every guest that arrives at The Rodeway Inn King William .
Just recently we have added our new free continental breakfast with each room, an added benefit of choosing a Choice Hotel .
As you mentioned our rooms have been renovated and upgraded and it is such a pleasure to find that our guests notice the comfort and cleanliness of our accommodation.
Hope that we will see you in the spring , summer and fall season so you can enjoy all our hotel and town has to offer. Don't forget to ask about Choice Privilage points and collect toward your free stay.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've stayed at the King William Inn several times now and always in the winter. My family has a cottage near Huntsville and this is the motel that we traditionally stay in when we want to visit in the winter time.

It's a comfortable walk to downtown's many great restaurants, shops, and the movie theatre.

The updated rooms are comfortable. The linens on the beds is nice. Decor is nice. And the price is affordable.

My fiance and I visited in late December and stayed in room 14. I wanted her to try the Kind William as we are having our wedding in Huntsville and we wanted to be able to recommend a low-cost hotel option for our guests (as most are coming from out of town). Unfortunately, this will not be the hotel that we are booking/recommending.

When we woke up in the morning I picked up a pillow from the spare bed in the room only to find a bed bug on the pillow. We checked the bed that we had slept in and didn't find any evidence of bed bugs. Maybe they are just on the curtains or on the floor. However, we didn't stay another night to find out. We reported it to the front desk and the clerk didn't seem surprised. She took our number and told me that the 'owner' would respond to me personally.

When we arrived home my car had to be steam cleaned and fumigated. Everything that could be washed had to be washed and dried and everything that couldn't be washed had to steam cleaned (i.e. overnight bag, luggage, shoes). Not a good experience.

A last note: the owner never did contact us. I'm not sure if this is an isolated incident. If they are planning on fumigating the room. If they are planning on taking any action.

Perhaps we can secure a good rate from the Holiday Inn, Best Western, etc. for our wedding guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Someguynamederic
Jontonn, Owner at King William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

I arrived at my property approximately 15 minutes after the guests had departed. the guests had brought in to our reception what they thought was a bed bug , upon inspection of the bug it was determined it was a small spider like insect . Management have extensive training with this industry issue and take complaints such as this VERY seriously.

The Rodeway Inn did attempt to contact the guest to clarify our findings
before they left the area but had no response and further attempts to contact were unsuccessful.

I am sorry these guests felt there was an issue , i would be more than happy if they are back in our town for them to meet with me personally and take a tour of my property as I am confident my property has NO such issues. I am extremely concerned that our hotel was reviewed unjustly and being unable to contact you I would ask that you email me personally at
jburnside@kingwilliaminn.com