Deerhurst Resort
Best Western Plus Muskoka Inn(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$100
Knights Inn - Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$54
Comfort Inn Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$89
$80
$79
$69
Motel 6 Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$73
Rainbow Inn(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$55
Arrowhead Inn(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$54
Hidden Valley Resort(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$98
$91
Tulip Inn(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$50
3,445 results
All reviewsmain buildingeclipse restaurantsummit lodgesteamersbedroom condosplash zonemaple restaurantrock climbinggolf coursemarch breakhorseback ridingdog sleddinglobby barindoor pooloutdoor activitiescross country skiingwinter activities
Reviewed May 5, 2014

we enjoyed our stay. The staff is very friendly. Everything is clean. The shuttle service is very convenient for getting from main building to condos. Great view from large balcony. The only thing I found that needs improvement is the pullout sofa mattress. It is very "springy and the mattress is falling through the frame at the foot.

Room Tip: The condos have gorgeous view of lake, large balconies and spacious rooms with nice bathrooms and kitchen.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Teamdeerhurst, Guest Relations Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

So glad you enjoyed your getaway and accommodation. The multi bedroom condos are perfectly suited for those who enjoy a larger living area and additional room features. As the resort does offer a variety of different types of accommodations with varying views and features, our reservations team is able to assist guests and provide recommendations based on preferences.

For future guests: Shuttle service is not part of the daily service at the resort. This scheduled shuttle service is available and organized for large special events, golf and group tournaments, large conventions and wedding groups.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We spent the weekend here with several hundred of our closet friends. For a conference, one couldn't find a better place. Scenery was wonderful, the facilities first rate. The rooms are spacious, ours had 12 foot ceilings and a walk through closet, which made the little dressing area especially useful. We had a window wall and patio door to the outside. The bed was not comfortable and the heat was uncontollable- set for 62, being 75 while on the cool setting. Bathroom was small but efficient. Amenities were first rate. Food was expensive.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank BeepTraveller

Thank you for choosing Deerhurst Resort for your annual conference and the many compliments. We are glad that you were impressed with our hospitality and appreciate you sharing your experience with others.

We are concerned about the issues you experienced in your accommodation and would appreciate if you could contact us at info@deerhurstresort.com, to advise which room you stayed in so our Engineering team can address your concerns.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

This was our first time at Deerhurst and in Huntsville. We were there for my son's wedding April 25-27, 2014. The wedding itself was at Grandview Golf Club. There were however many family and friends that chose to stay at Deerhurst as a shuttle had been arranged to take guests between Deerhurst and Grandview Golf Club.

The reservation was made weeks in advance and I must say that the person I dealt with was somewhat rude and did not in the least make me feel comfortable. Nothing worse then feeling talked down to - especially when I'm the customer. Despite this first overall impression I went ahead and made the reservation. So be aware that the people at Bookings need to work on their people skills as they are the first contact with the Resort.

Upon arrival at Deerhurst, staff at the Front-desk were quite friendly. They explained how to get to the condo and how the keys worked. The map they gave us however is far from clear and it can be quite confusing the first time.

Our condo was clean and had a view on the tennis courts. The DVD did not work (and despite two staff members working on it for over an hour - did not get it to work) and there was no offer to bring in another one. The toilet in one of the rooms was leaking - this was promptly fixed!! The condo needs some refreshing - especially the bathrooms as they are somewhat dated.

We were told that a shuttle was available to take us to and from the condo. However it seems the front-desk was not aware of this, and even told us that the service no longer existed. So it seems the front-desk is not always made aware of what is available to the guests. My son, the groom, was also staying at Deerhurst. A shuttle bus had been arranged to take guests and family from Deerhurst to Granview Golf for the wedding. The front-desk was made aware of this but chose to ignore or overlook this and many of the guests at the wedding were left wondering what was happening. It is of no importance that the wedding was at Grandview, we were guests at the Deerhurst and should have been treated as such!!

We were there for two nights. We had no room service - no one came to replenish the coffe, tea, ask if we needed fresh towels, etc.....Upon reading the guest book, I noticed the option of opting out of room service and that this would save me $10 a night per room (that would mean $60.00). I was not told of this option by the Booking staff, nor at the front desk. I did not get room service, therefore this fee should have been waved from my bill - it was not!!

The front desk did however allow for a later checkout time - one hour. This was much appreciated.

This very important weekend for our family could have been much more pleasant had we had an enjoyable stay at Deerhurst. The setting is beautiful, quite picturesque, however staff at front-desk, staff at bookings, room service are really what make the stay enjoyable - and this time, unfortunately they failed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean M
Teamdeerhurst, Guest Relations Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for posting a review. We are disappointed to read of the service inconsistencies and apologize for the impact they had on your experience with us.

All of your comments are very important to us and we will recount your experience to our teams to exemplify a missed opportunity to meet the expectations of a valued guest

In follow up with our team at the resort, we were unaware of the shuttle requirements in advance and as this is not part of the daily service, we did not have anything organized for your group. I do understand that our team did react to the groups needs as soon as it was brought to our attention.

Your comment regarding Housekeeping is important to us. Our vacation rental condos and suites do not receive daily housekeeping as they are fully stocked prior to arrival. Should stays exceed three nights, a towel and amenity refresh service will be provided complimentary on the 4th day of the stay. Our reservation & front desk agents communicate this to guests at the reservation stage, on pre-arrival letters and it is outlined on our website. I sincerely apologize if we missed this important communication during our discussions and correspondence with you.

I do hope this one experience will not deter you from returning to our resort in the future. Should we have another chance to welcome you, please contact us directly at info@deerhurstresort.com, so we can facilitate your reservation. We remain hopeful that we will hear back from you to assist in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed in a large 3-bdrm condo at Deerhurst Resort last April 26-27, 2014. The unit was beautifully and adequately furnished and we had a lovely view of the lake. We requested for additional towels and the staff was quick to oblige. However, when I checked the two toilet & bath rooms, there were already extra towels in the cabinet. So I cancelled the request. We likewise asked for early check-in and late check-out times, as most guests usually do, I think, and we got them. We were still able to enjoy the indoor pool even for at least 2 hours before leaving the resort. Because the weather was still cold, facilities like golf were still closed. However, there was an exhibit of Taylor Made, how timely for us; hence, my husband, son and friends were able to do some driving in the area set up by the exhibitor. We recommend Deerhurst for such weekend getaways, with family and friends. Thank you, Deerhurst staff, for making our stay pleasant and memorable.

Room Tip: There were no paper towels and table napkins in the kitchen. But toiletries were provided; e.g., soap, shampoo, conditioner, tissue paper, toilet paper. Garbage bags were also provided.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maria S
Teamdeerhurst, Guest Relations Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Sincere appreciation for posting a 5 star review! We are glad you enjoyed your getaway.
The multi bedroom condos are perfectly suited for those who enjoy a larger living area and additional room features. In addition to the extra bathroom amenities the kitchens are fully stocked with dishes, cookware, cutlery, dish cloth, pot scrubber and dish towels, dish detergent, garbage bags, coffee, coffee machine and filters, kettle and microwave. A home away from home!

Our Lakeside golf course opening was delayed by one week due to a late spring snow fall. The golf course is opening tomorrow and is in great condition. Many guests are taking advantage of our Free Golf with Room offer (valid May & June) and we hope you will too!

Look forward to seeing you real soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have never ever been to Deerhurst Resort before. My favorite High School band April Wine was playing the weekend before my big 50th birthday. We don't have a credit card, so we got a prepaid kind where you load the money on to the card, and then purchase things online. This is how we purchased the 1 night package. When we were checking in after our 3 and half hour drive. The Guest Clerk said we needed a credit card to put a $100 damage deposit on, or $300 cash. We did not have either. Just brought a little money for wine for the concert, and dinner after the wine tasting was over. She kept apologizing saying there was nothing she could do. My heart sank into my stomach. We asked to see the manager, who cleared things up immediately. He even noticed I was celebrating my big birthday. We got all checked in, and he knocked on the door with a bottle of wine and some goodies for my bday. the concert was fantastic! The food was amazing! and the rest of our stay was incredible! Very happy! Will try and come back next year.. You do need to tell people about the credit card thing beforehand though! nobody informed me of nothing of the sort. Glad it got worked out anyway!

Room Tip: Did not use room service, or the spa. Very happy with the very nice suite in the Summit Lodge.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carole L

Thank you for choosing to spend such a special occasion with us at Deerhurst Resort! I am pleased to read of your positive experience and that you enjoyed the renovated One Bedroom Suite in the Summit Lodges.

Your comment regarding our credit/debit card policy is important to us and I sincerely apologize you were not made aware of this in advance of your arrival. A valid credit card must be provided at check in for payment of the room, tax and incidentals. Guests paying cash or debit card must provide a deposit per night at check in to guarantee the room, which is refunded at departure if not used. We will review our communication and marketing material to ensure it is accurate and communicates this policy effectively.

Our dinner and concert series have been a great success the past 2 years and we are excited to announce our 2014 line up such as the Spring Girlfriends Getaway with Jully Black and Jarvis Church May 30-June 1, or Chef Susur Lee Culinary Weekend May 23-25 and more. All details are posted on our website and we hope you will return to enjoy future events.