We spent the last week end at Deerhurst resort. We wanted to escape the city, to relax and enjoy the outdoor. We had a a king bedroom suite summit lodge. It was a fairly new renovated room. We like the living room with brick wall and fireplace. Also, there was a very functional kitchenette.
The bedroom had nice furniture et was decorated with taste. The bed was very comfortable. A lot more, than Sheraton or Marriott beds.
We had the opportunity to borrow snow shoe and we headed to the look out. A 20 minutes trail that was quite easy and we had a great view on the property and the lake. We had a drink at the lobby bar, it was ok , but there was a lack of waiting staff. They were rushing and running, but in the end they very nice.
The day after, we did some X-country ski. The guy at sports center was nice and very helpful. The trail aren't not too long and not in perfect condition but fair. We had lot of fun. The sun was shinning , we enjoyed the outdoor.
That was the goals of the week end and Deerhurst resort met all our expectations.
Only minor bad thing: lots of dent and lack of maintenance for a fairly new renovated room. It will not stay nice for many years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embracing Peninsula Lake near Huntsville, Deerhurst Resort is your year-round retreat to Ontario’s famous “Cottage Country” lifestyle in Muskoka and has been welcoming vacationing families and couples, as well as meetings and conference guests since 1896. Known for its excellent golf – including Deerhurst Highlands which ranked in the top 50 best you can play in 2016 by Canadian Golf Magazine, fresh, locally sourced cuisine highlighted throughout the four onsite restaurants, and live entertainment throughout the year, Deerhurst resort has everything you need for your ultimate Muskoka getaway. Offering the most activities of any resort in Ontario year-round including canoeing, stand-up paddle boarding, skiing and wakeboard lessons in the summer, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and skating in the winter, amazing hiking trails to see breathtaking fall colours and so much more, plus Deerhurst is your gateway to Algonquin Park, just 30 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario