What a terrible Christmas for our family. First off before we even arrived we were overcharged, make sure to watch your credit card!! We had to fight to get our money back. How can they charge more then what your confirmed on your reservation! SHAMEFUL! We arrived and our room at the summit lodge was dirty, stinky and noisy. Our room must have backed onto the furnace/broiler room as it sounded like we were in a wind tunnel and on a jet plane the whole time! There were gross hairs in our bathroom and the entire room stunk so bad! Housekeeping told us that they "don't wash the floors or change bed sheets" during your stay. We were there for 5 days and service was poor...... I WAS HORRIFIED! Hardly any of the winter activities were open..come on its December and Christmas...why weren't these activities available. NO ICE SKATING, NO SNOWMOBILING, No more tubing ...it was very disappointing. We went up there to do winter activities!!! They should have called us to inform that those were not in service during our stay and given us money back as we pay for some of those in our resort fee. The only fun thing was the horse and sleigh ride, which is off of the resort and run by an independent party...they were great! We found out new management took over the resort and now it is not so desirable! Don't waste your time or your money to go there! It looks great when you pull in but thats were it ends. Even the lack of activities for kids on Christmas eve was disappointing. And the Santa that they had there was pitiful....come on they could have at least covered up his dark brown hair sticking out and it not be a teenager dressed up. They really need to step it up! I would not recommend this place to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Deerhurst Resort's idyllic lakeside setting in Muskoka cottage country. This 760 acre, year-round retreat is minutes from Algonquin Park and historical, culinary, sporting and cultural attractions like Huntsville's Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery and neighboring Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area. Known for its two 18-hole golf courses, Deerhurst offers the most on-site activities of any Eastern Canada resort, from indoor rock climbing, Treetop Trekking, paintball, ATV tours and snowmobiling to water sports, spa and a live entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario