We were so excited to go here for the Muskoka IronMan 70.3. But when we got to our 1 bdrm condo, it was so gross. The carpets were stained badly, the kitchen was circa 1970 with old almond colour appliances and cabinets falling off hinges, the sofa bed was also badly stained. And this was supposed to be where my 4 yr old slept! Also, having a 2 yr old that would most likely be on the carpet most of the time, just made me shudder!!! Growing up, I heard such wonderful reviews and comments about Deerhurst like how prestigious it is, expensive, luxurious etc...but not anymore! Immediately we had to go ask for another room, as I couldn't even sit in a chair that wasn't full of stains. (Maple #23 Room 302 I think), So the lady at the front desk said she would try to find a better one, and sent me to look at the Maple 24, room 305. This was better, still badly stained carpets but the appliances were stainless and the couch wasn't stained. The property is so gorgeous and the golf courses amazing, but the interior is so old.......very disappointed. Don't think I would ever stay there again, as it isn't cheap. The indoor pool is nice and the outdoor pools are heated which is nice. Like I said outside it rocks inside not so much, But as for the Ironman 70.3, this was great, organized and efficient as possible with shuttles to help move you around the property. Staff was pleasant, although on race day our room wasn't attempted to be cleaned until ~4:30-5pm, and this was too late for us, as we were exhausted from the race! The cleaners tried to clean it but at this point all we wanted from them was the garbages emptied and towels exchanged. Just very disappointed as it was so pretty from outside and I had wanted to go there since I was a little girl.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Deerhurst Resort's idyllic lakeside setting in Muskoka cottage country. This 760 acre, year-round retreat is minutes from Algonquin Park and historical, culinary, sporting and cultural attractions like Huntsville's Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery and neighboring Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area. Known for its two 18-hole golf courses, Deerhurst offers the most on-site activities of any Eastern Canada resort, from indoor rock climbing, Treetop Trekking, paintball, ATV tours and snowmobiling to water sports, spa and a live entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario