We got an amazing mid week deal - with a spa credit, wine and fresh strawberries. We got a free upgrade to the Birchcliff lodges which were really nice. We had a model suite with modern decor and very nice views of the lake. The service at the resort was excellent.
We had dinner at Eclipse which was good. We are big foodies and eat out quite often in Toronto so have pretty high standards when it comes to food. The seafood pasta was tasty, but the venison was overcooked. We visited the spa - my husband had a very enjoyable massage. I had a pedicure which was expensive but this is to be expected at a resort spa. The staff made a real effort to ensure my comfort (the room was a bit drafty). The spa was nice but not quite as nice as some of the Toronto spas (Elmwood, Stillwater). There are limited amenities outside the spa services and the spa is a little no frills. No snacks. No 'spa' water. No scented candles and music that can't be heard in every room.
This is probably not the best time of year to visit Muskoka. It was cold, raining and the lake was frozen. I can't really comment on the outdoor activities. However, I think this is a great 'one stop shop' for families especially in the winter or summer.
Overall, I think we would come back another time of year. It was a nice mid week escape from the busy city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Deerhurst Resort's idyllic lakeside setting in Muskoka cottage country. This 760 acre, year-round retreat is minutes from Algonquin Park and historical, culinary, sporting and cultural attractions like Huntsville's Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery and neighboring Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area. Known for its two 18-hole golf courses, Deerhurst offers the most on-site activities of any Eastern Canada resort, from indoor rock climbing, Treetop Trekking, paintball, ATV tours and snowmobiling to water sports, spa and a live entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario