We had a lovely stay but as a family with a child we needed better facilities on site for food. The bar in the lobby was rarely open. The restaurant (Maple) had queues during lunch and dinner time. The Maple restaurant is too small for size of the resort. The breakfast buffet was overpriced at 20 per person. Kids stable petting zoo is once a day so if you missed that one then depending on how long you are staying you could even miss it.
This place attracts alot of families and doesnt really need a 200 seater fine dinning restaurant. The tubing hill was closed.
I rate service as low as the restaurant did not meet my expectations and the hotel reception (perhaps because they were overwhelmed) were not very responsive to our questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Deerhurst Resort's idyllic lakeside setting in Muskoka cottage country. This 760 acre, year-round retreat is minutes from Algonquin Park and historical, culinary, sporting and cultural attractions like Huntsville's Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery and neighboring Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area. Known for its two 18-hole golf courses, Deerhurst offers the most on-site activities of any Eastern Canada resort, from indoor rock climbing, Treetop Trekking, paintball, ATV tours and snowmobiling to water sports, spa and a live entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario