My girlfriend and I booked a weekend getaway to stay at Deerhurst. We had booked a Girls Getaway weekend, which was supposed to include upon our arrival a bouquet of roses, wine and cheese tray, small gift , robe and slippers for each of us to enjoy our spa services. Well when we arrived and checked into our room. We were absolutely appalled at the condition of the room. The counter and the sink were both coffee stained , the couch was black down one arm and had seen better days. The fireplace, well lets just say I could have gotten the same ambiance from a BIC lighter, the bathroom had hair all over the floor, the furniture was dated and looked like it had been assembled from a garage sale. The wallpaper was peeling off the wall, when I had called down to the front desk to ask if there had been some kind of mistake, because none of the items they had specified were in the room (robe , slipper, wine cheese etc)
They said it would be delivered later, at this point we complained about the condition of the room and asked to be moved. We were shown 2 other rooms in the same state of disrepair, dirty, pot lamps hanging 6 inches out of the ceiling and did I say dirty!
We drove 3.5 hours to visit and did not stay , we drove home. The manager of Deerhurst did not even have the decency to apologize. They refunded our money and we drove another 3.5 hours to a marriott hotel ,which was beautiful.
I would not recommend this place to anyone, At $500.00/night for 2 people you would certainly expect it to at least be clean.. 2 weeks later we stayed at Blue Mountain and it was great...!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embracing Peninsula Lake near Huntsville, Deerhurst Resort is your year-round retreat to Ontario’s famous “Cottage Country” lifestyle in Muskoka and has been welcoming vacationing families and couples, as well as meetings and conference guests since 1896. Known for its excellent golf – including Deerhurst Highlands which ranked in the top 50 best you can play in 2016 by Canadian Golf Magazine, fresh, locally sourced cuisine highlighted throughout the four onsite restaurants, and live entertainment throughout the year, Deerhurst resort has everything you need for your ultimate Muskoka getaway. Offering the most activities of any resort in Ontario year-round including canoeing, stand-up paddle boarding, skiing and wakeboard lessons in the summer, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and skating in the winter, amazing hiking trails to see breathtaking fall colours and so much more, plus Deerhurst is your gateway to Algonquin Park, just 30 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Deerhurst Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deerhurst Hotel Huntsville
- Deerhurst Inn Ontario
- Deerhurst Ontario
- Deerhurst Resort Huntsville, Ontario