“Best staff”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Sudbury, Canada
“Best staff”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We have been stranded here this weekend as our car completely died. The staff has been exceptional, with staff members helping us figure out how to get food, and where was good and affordable to go to. They also allowed us a late check out to give us time to get rescued - saying we could stay as late as we needed with no charge. They were also able to get us a good rate because of the tow service we used. Despite nasty weather (Toronto's ice storm, and a large amount of snow up here) the staff has gone well above and beyond to be as helpful as possible in a bad situation. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts and could not be more pleased with the service we have been given.

Room Tip: Jeanie and the supervisor at the front desk are truly amazing and can help you with anything you nee...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Manna G
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share such positive comments with us. I am glad to see that we were able to provide a little "comfort" during your difficult time. Every effort is made to make a guests stay as enjoyable as possible and your nice words will be shared with all the staff especially Jeannie and Sherry. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you the next time that you are in Huntsville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Nice room. When I arrived I was greeted well. I found out that I had booked the room for the same weekend as a hockey tournament but was put in a room away from where the hockey teams were. No problems at all.
I recommend this hotel highly.
However I was very unhappy with Expedia. When I checked in I found I could have got a room for almost $20.00 less than what I was charged by Expedia. I later called Expedia and was basically told "Too bad. We book the room in advance and that's the price you have to pay." Because of this, I will never use Expedia again.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel. Avoid Expedia.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Martin C
Thank you for your amazing recommendation! It is appreciated and I was glad to read that you had any enjoyable stay. Look forward to serving you again!
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2013

the hotel I would say is just OK , not bad but OK. the rooms are getting dated and the hotel could probably use an upgrade soon. It was comfortable once I could get the heat working. we had a lot of snow the night i was there and did feel that they could have done a better job at clearing the walk ways to the parking lot ect..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Your kind words about the staff are appreciated and will be shared with the entire team. Appreciate your comments about the motel and I am pleased to say that there is a renovation/capital investment plan in place for 2014. Look forward to serving you again so you can see some of the changes that we have planned!
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We arrived with a huge smile from the male receptionist (sorry I forgot your name it was a few months ago). He was excited as we were the first travellers from Yorkshire in the UK to have stayed in the hotel and his girlfriend was from only 10minutes from where we lived.

We were put in a nice room, clean, tidy and modern which included breakfast as well. Convenient for the local town and loads of advice on where to go and what to see. Well worth the stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DRCran
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing with us and I know that my Front Desk staff enjoyed being able to relate about your hometown as well!
Your review will be shared with him and is great to acknowledge the wonderful service that he continues to provide. I appreciate your kind words about the property as we do strive to offer the best value and service to all our guests.
Look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stay at this hotel quite regularly due to my work at the local hospital (the hotel is the recommended hotel by the hospital). When I checked in I was given a discount card for local restaurants by the clerk (Jeanie). When I presented the card at the restaurant (Crabby Joe's) when paying my bill, I was told that they don't accept the card (for a modest $5.00 discount). As per the instructions on the card, I asked that the restaurant to call the hotel for confirmation. When the restaurant called, Jeanie told them that she didn't know anything about the card, thus I didn't receive the discount. When I returned to the hotel and pointed out that the restaurant (and discount) is listed on the sign on the front counter, Jeanie said oh, I didn't know about that . Very dismissive, very unprofessional and very frustrating. Staff should know the bare minimum in terms of promotions they offer. I tried to leave the same feedback on the Comfort Inn customer service website and it continually errors out with the date format (that is selected from a drop down menu) being incorrect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your concerns with me and I am sorry for the misunderstanding involving the discount program that we have the restaurant.There is a seperate coupon that they have provided to us which actually gives our guests a $10.00 discount. The discount program is appreciated with all our guests and that restaurant is a very popular spot.
I will review this matter with all the Front Desk staff to ensure that they are familiar with the entire program so that this type of occurrence will not happen again. Please feel free to contact me directly and you can enjoy your next dinner at that restaurant on us!
London, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have stayed here in the summer and fall and look forward to coming again. Very comfortable in so many ways. The rooms are lovely and clean, spacious and have all that we need. We have made use of the microwave, fridge and the BBQ in the back courtyard. The staff are very friendly and helpful and work hard to make your stay as good as possible. The continental breakfast was fresh with quite abit of choices to eat. Beautiful surroundings! Great area to visit for so many reasons.

Room Tip: We have stayed on the ground floor with the sliding door. It was nice to be able to sit outside or...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay.It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that have great experiences with us and we hope that you will return soon. Thanks again for your kind words and your review will be shared with all the staff!
Markham, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2013

During peak Muskoka fall color season, this one is available to you at about $100 per night - you can surely expect clean and simple Comfort Inn standards here - very good customer service - nice and standard breakfast. Courteous front desk staff, clean housekeeping makes it a one to look for whenever we visit Muskoka

Room Tip: Choose ground floor room with your desk facing the car park - easy to load/unload stuff
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and I am pleased to see that you ejoyed a positive overall experience. It sounds like the staff were able to meet your expectations and exceed some. I thank you for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in Huntsville!