“Really friends staff and good value room”

Comfort Inn Huntsville
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We arrived with a huge smile from the male receptionist (sorry I forgot your name it was a few months ago). He was excited as we were the first travellers from Yorkshire in the UK to have stayed in the hotel and his girlfriend was from only 10minutes from where we lived.

We were put in a nice room, clean, tidy and modern which included breakfast as well. Convenient for the local town and loads of advice on where to go and what to see. Well worth the stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DRCran
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing with us and I know that my Front Desk staff enjoyed being able to relate about your hometown as well!
Your review will be shared with him and is great to acknowledge the wonderful service that he continues to provide. I appreciate your kind words about the property as we do strive to offer the best value and service to all our guests.
Look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Huntsville

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stay at this hotel quite regularly due to my work at the local hospital (the hotel is the recommended hotel by the hospital). When I checked in I was given a discount card for local restaurants by the clerk (Jeanie). When I presented the card at the restaurant (Crabby Joe's) when paying my bill, I was told that they don't accept the card (for a modest $5.00 discount). As per the instructions on the card, I asked that the restaurant to call the hotel for confirmation. When the restaurant called, Jeanie told them that she didn't know anything about the card, thus I didn't receive the discount. When I returned to the hotel and pointed out that the restaurant (and discount) is listed on the sign on the front counter, Jeanie said oh, I didn't know about that . Very dismissive, very unprofessional and very frustrating. Staff should know the bare minimum in terms of promotions they offer. I tried to leave the same feedback on the Comfort Inn customer service website and it continually errors out with the date format (that is selected from a drop down menu) being incorrect.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing your concerns with me and I am sorry for the misunderstanding involving the discount program that we have the restaurant.There is a seperate coupon that they have provided to us which actually gives our guests a $10.00 discount. The discount program is appreciated with all our guests and that restaurant is a very popular spot.
I will review this matter with all the Front Desk staff to ensure that they are familiar with the entire program so that this type of occurrence will not happen again. Please feel free to contact me directly and you can enjoy your next dinner at that restaurant on us!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have stayed here in the summer and fall and look forward to coming again. Very comfortable in so many ways. The rooms are lovely and clean, spacious and have all that we need. We have made use of the microwave, fridge and the BBQ in the back courtyard. The staff are very friendly and helpful and work hard to make your stay as good as possible. The continental breakfast was fresh with quite abit of choices to eat. Beautiful surroundings! Great area to visit for so many reasons.

Room Tip: We have stayed on the ground floor with the sliding door. It was nice to be able to sit outside or...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay.It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that have great experiences with us and we hope that you will return soon. Thanks again for your kind words and your review will be shared with all the staff!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

During peak Muskoka fall color season, this one is available to you at about $100 per night - you can surely expect clean and simple Comfort Inn standards here - very good customer service - nice and standard breakfast. Courteous front desk staff, clean housekeeping makes it a one to look for whenever we visit Muskoka

Room Tip: Choose ground floor room with your desk facing the car park - easy to load/unload stuff
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am pleased to see that you ejoyed a positive overall experience. It sounds like the staff were able to meet your expectations and exceed some. I thank you for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in Huntsville!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Typical older hotel, with complimentary breakfast. Great value for the location. Rooms are a reasonable size, bathroom was clean. Smell of cleaning chemicals in the hallways and the lobby. South-facing rooms can get quite warm in the afternoon

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thanks for sharing your comments. We are proud of the great value that we offer to our guests and appreciate that you recognized the excellent job that our Housekeeping staff does. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Huntsville!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was in huntsville for my bacheloette and 4 of us stayed in one room. The room was clean and typical. When we were about to go to sleep we noticed that the bed was made and under the fitted sheet was a water bottle cap? Got us wondering about how clean things were. Someone would't make a bed with a cap on it? Anyway, things were outdated, and we were on the first floor, and there was a sliding door in our room that led right into the parking lot. Did not feel as safe, knowing that a car could come right through the glass. The front desk was very helpful with the fact that we had booked the wrong comfort inn. Warning-there is one in hunstville alabama and if you book online or over the phone, its easy to make this mistake. The front desk gentleman helped us out and was great. overall okay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thanks for sharing your comments and I hope you had a good time with your friends. I enjoyed meeting with you at check out and appreciated your nice comments about Clayton and all the work that he did to help you with the Ontario/Alabama booking issue. Appreciate your note about the cleanliness and I will share them with the housekeeping staff to help them be more careful in the future. Thanks again and we hope to serve you again the next time that you are in Huntsville!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is certainly not new but inspite of it's age it is clean and well looked after. The room I had everything I needed for my 2 nights stay. The only thing I lacked was a bar fridge but that was my own fault for not requesting that when I made the reservation. The complimentary breakfast was very good with a good selection of items including boiled eggs which I like. The price including tax was $255.38 which I felt was resonable considering August being peak tourist season. All in all a good experience and I would definately use Comfort Inn again.

Room Tip: As there is no elevator and the corridors are long, make sure your luggage is not too heavy. I had...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is much appreciated to hear from our guests and I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. Appreciate the recognition on the great job that our housekeeping staff does on a daily basis and glad to see that you enjoyed the breakfast. Hope to see you again the next time that you are in Huntsville!