“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

There are many hotels/motels in Huntsville and area. However, value for money spent - the Comfort Inn at Huntsville is hard to beat, so we stay there almost every time we visit the area.
Staff are friendly. Reservations have always been accurate. Rooms are very clean.

As part of the service to clients, this Comfort Inn also has a list of restaurants that will provide "discounts for meals" when staying at this motel. We took advantage of this offer !

Complementary breakfasts are continental - as advertised - with a small breakfast sitting room available across from the office so that you do not have to take your tray back to your room.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms we have found are at the back of the motel and away from Highway 60.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank You for Sharing with us. I appreciate that you recognize the value that we provide to our guests such as the Free Breakfast and our Local Discount Program. Your kind words about my staff are appreciated. We are thankful for your loyalty and look forward to serving you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Erin, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've read a few bad reviews about this hotel, but I have to disagree on all points.In fact, I'm writing this review because I'm astonished by the bad reviews. I've stayed at this hotel 4-5 times per year over the past 3 years and I think they're fantastic. In fact, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in the Huntsville area (I have stayed at Motel 6, Best Western, and the Dwight Inn in the past). The rooms are clean, the breakfast area is always well stocked with a variety of food items compared to other Comfort Inns I've stayed in, and I've never had a single problem with check-ins. The rooms are a real value for their price. I always take advantage of the mini fridge to store our lunch items since we generally hike the morning after our stay. I love the fact that they are truly pet friendly and even offer a courtesy welcome bag on check in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for your kind words! We appreciate your Business and look forward to serving you again the next time that you are in Huntsville. I am proud of the team that I have and am pleased to see their hard work being recognized in this way. Thanks again for taking the time to share!
Toronto
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I did not expect the rooms to be as comfortable as they were for that price. The selection at the free breakfast was adequate. Beds were firm and the pillows soft. I liked that each room has a minifridge and microwave.

Only issue was the card reader on the back entrance is very finicky. I ended up having to call my daughter to have her come down and open the door for me!

Room Tip: To get the card reader to work, insert card, wait a sec and then slowly pull out the card.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us about your recent stay. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us and appreciated the value that we offer. Thank you for your comment about the back door lock. Just to let you know that we purchased new locks for the back door which should eliminate any of these issues going forward. We look forward to serving you again.
Caledonia, Ontario
Reviewed January 1, 2013

this motel is a great deal with drive up accomodations, frig & microwave, morning paper and great breakfast selection, all at a reasonable price, the first floor rooms with the patio doors are great if you have a pet ,

Room Tip: drive up rooms on first floor are great, especially if you have pets and can go out thru patio doors...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing such kind words about my property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate all the extra value that we have in Huntsville. Your business is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Brampton
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Comfort Inn is the best hotel in Huntsville and I've stayed at most of the others. It has friendly, professional employees, located near shopping and amenities, clean and comfortable with everything you'll need for an enjoyable stay! Also, breakfast is included at no additional cost. The management should be congratulated for their accomplishments.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share such nice comments. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Mount Forest, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Always a difficult time to use a hotel on a weekend if you are not into the hockey scene. Seems like every time we go away to be in craft shows at this time of year you are very unlikely to get a good nights rest because of hockey turnaments or some other event where people are in the partying mood. Not sure if hotels need to start designating specific rooms away from other travelers for events.
I am going to start asking before booking if hotels are hosting teams or other events at the time I plan on staying.

Room Tip: Really check events
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thanks for sharing your comments, we do try our best to keep hockey teams together and respectful of other guests that are with us. The Front Desk Team will always inform everyone upon check in if we have a team with us and there are Noise Policies that are in place. While it is hard to contain their Youthfull enthusiasm sometimes and the staff do try their best to stay on top of the situation, feel free to contact the desk at any time if there any issues. Thanks again for your nice rating of the hotel with the cleanliness and the service that you received. Hope to serve you again at your next show!
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were very comfortable, clean and very neat. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in the Mukoka area. Staff were very friendly and the breakfast was basic but hit the spot.

• Stayed October 2012
SteveCarr269, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thanks for the recommendation! I appreciate the nice words that you have shared about my staff and the property. We are always looking for feedback on how to make our breakfast program more special for our guests so please share your thoughts!
Thanks again and we look forward to serving you again soon.