“Excellent Value for all you get.”

Hidden Valley Resort
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Good prices, specially if you book a deal.

Rooms updated (most), clean and comfortable.

Service was friendly and efficient.

some have balconies, other's great views.
Dinning room food if wholesome, good and properly priced.

some cozy seats by the fire in the bar.

What more could you ask for and be a 50 yard walk to the Ski Slopes

Room Tip: ask for 2nd or 3rd floor as they seem to have been more recently updated. If you don't like stai...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
GMHiddenValleyResort, General Manager at Hidden Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of Hidden Valley Resort.
Our staff work hard to provide our guests with clean comfortable rooms, delicious food and
superior customer service.
Your comments will be shared with our employees.
I hope you will return to Hidden Valley this summer to enjoy our resort.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights almost half a year ago during 2013 Thanksgiving weekend. I didn't realize I did not submit my review about this place. I'm compelled to do so because this place was a pleasant surprise and made up for the crappy weather during our trip to Algonquin Park.

The hotel is much better than I expected. It seems quite well maintained. The room is clean and beds are comfortable. We feel safe and secure here.
It sits on a hill overlooking a lake, very nice scenery. And, you can access the lake from the hotel.
We reserved a 2 double bed room but we got a bigger room with 2 queen and a sofa bed. This might have made a better experience for us.
The pool is also nice. A decent size and not crowded at all when we used it. Yes, you have to request for towels from the front desk but no big deal. And, I'm glad they have a shower and a change room in the pool area.
This place will be on our list on our next visit to Algonquin Park.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BrickWall166

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of our resort and I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our facilities
and our clean comfortable rooms.
We have and are still renovating Hidden Valley Resort continually to provide our guest with the superior accommodation they deserve.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Hidden Valley resort in the very near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We recently stayed here for a March Break family getaway and my husband and I both shared a food item and were violently ill afterwards. This problem was addressed at the time to kitchen staff, front desk staff and also the manager to no resolve or even a care. We were there for 2 nights and lost an entire day or more due to this.

Also nothing for the kids to do except swim. I had expected over March Break some extra activities to occupy the kids.

Beds were good, we would know since we spent a lot of time in them.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank cottagegirl29
GMHiddenValleyResort, General Manager at Hidden Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us. We value your comments, and will share them with our management team. It was unfortunate you didn’t feel that guest satisfaction was met. I assure we take great pride and care with the preparation of all our food in our restaurant, and I’m sorry to hear you were not feeling well that evening. I understand however you did get an opportunity to speak with the Dining Room Manager the following afternoon while you were enjoying your lunch in our Restaurant, regarding your concerns and I believe he did resolve that for you at that time.
During our march break we had a variety of activities for all the children to participate in and enjoy, we played two movies every night in our movie room, we had a Ping Pong room, outdoor skating rink, games room with pool table and video games, the indoor pool or course, we had a hill in front of our property for tobogganing, snowshoes available for use, not to mention we are across the road from downhill skiing and minutes away from a arrowhead provincial park. I think it is fair to say we had an abundance of activities to choose from.
I do hope this experience does not prevent you from joining us once again.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed at the resort for 2 nights and had a great time. Hidden Valley is a very clean and lovely looking place. The amenities are first rate and the views across the lake and ski hill are excellent. The room 304 was clean and the housekeeping staff were quick and efficient. One small complaint was the small size of the towels for the swimming pool area. They were fine for kids and teens but not for adults. Overall very satisfied and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry M
GMHiddenValleyResort, General Manager at Hidden Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Hidden Valley Resort and I pleased that you found our hotel clean and comfortable and that staff were efficient, I will share your comments with them.
Hidden Valley is constantly being renovated and upgraded to a high standard but the view from some guest rooms and our dining room can not be improved upon as you indicated .
I will look into our pool towels to see what we can do to improve size for adults.
I hope you will return soon to Hidden Valley Resort.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is not a bad spot, clean, beautiful view, food in the restaurant was good, etc, but I had a situation that management did not address, and well over a month later, no resolution was reached, in fact, my emails have gone COMPLETELY ignored. I travel for business frequently, as well as traveling often with my family! I usually use the blue recycle bin as a make-shift laundry basket. I put it up on the desk or dresser next to my suitcase, and I discard dirty clothes in there instead of leaving them in the floor (I am a bit OCD about dirty laundry in the floor)- and i do not want dirty socks and underwear in my suitcase with my clean. Most hotels, I venture to say most, have the laundry bags that you can put your things in if you want to send them down to be washed- which I use to pack my dirty laundry into the suitcase when I leave. In all my years of business travel and family vacations, I have never had housekeeping throw my laundry away, until I stayed at Hidden Valley. I had bought one of those 60 dollar sweatshirts at a downtown ski shop, that said Huntsville on it. AND, because it was a special weekend getaway for me and my sweetheart, I had bought a nice set of undergarments from La Senza to wear. I put the sweatshirt, the unmentionables, and my nice wool socks into the blue recycle bin, and set it up next to my suitcase, as I always do. When we came back to the room, my clothes had been thrown out, and the recycle bin moved back to a spot under the bench by the door.
I immediately went downstairs and advised that I had some expensive articles of clothing that had been thrown out. The lady said she would call someone in housekeeping to go sift through the garbage to see if she could find my things. I never heard back from her. The following morning, we went down to breakfast and I heard the wait staff talking about the guest who had their clothes thrown out. I said that guest was me! The girl said "did they find them?" I said "not that I know of." She said "what kind of compensation did they offer, that is terrible!" I said "Nothing yet, I have to go see if they had any luck." So I went back to the desk to ask about my clothes, the lady said she did not know what I was talking about so I explained. Her response was "you should not have put your clothes in the garbage bin." I said "I didn't they were in the recycle bin, and I had it sitting up on the dresser beside my suitcase, it was very clearly CLOTHING and not recycling." She said she would check into and see and get back to me. (No one apologized yet, and this was the third desk agent I had talked to about this).

That night, by the time we returned to the hotel from an event at Deerhurst, there was no message or anything regarding my missing belongings. They did, however, have time to bring the bill and slip it under the door.

When I returned from Hunstville, I waited a few days to see if anyone was going to follow up, and no one did, so I emailed and expressed how disappointed I was about what happened, and if anyone had ever found my clothes. No one responded. I was not rude or mad, I just inquired. I was getting mad that no one was responding to me.

About 2 weeks later, I received my AMEX bill, and the charge for my stay was on there. I bought a package for the weekend, but I did go up on business Friday and had work on Saturday, so I was going to have to pay for part of the bill, but some of it was covered by my company. I asked if they could separate out the lodging for Friday night and maybe the Friday night meal, the remainder of the bill would be mine because we attended a comedy show and stayed a second night- which I would have to pay for myself. I also mentioned my clothes and how irritated I was that no one bothered to follow up. It was a hundred dollars or more worth of things that were just thrown out and no one had responded to several inquiries I had made both in person before we left, and then via email after we returned. NO ONE replied to this inquiry either.

I would have recommended this resort, we even talked about coming back and bringing the family for a weekend before the snow melted.... I would have said wonderful things and told all my friends that this was the place to go. After this, after my requests for assistance with my invoice were ignored, and the situation with my lost belongings was completely ignored, I do not recommend ANYONE stay at this resort. It might be ok if you have no issues, but Lord help you if you do.

As a result of this, I ended up having to pay out of pocket for the entire weekend even though I went up for work, AND I lost a 60 dollar sweatshirt I bought, AND a 40 dollar lingerie set, and my socks. That weekend ended up costing me much more than it was worth. I WON'T be back even though I would have gone back, probably often. Terrible guest relations. TERRIBLE.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Roninole

Dear Guest,
The management and staff of Hidden Valley Resort would like to extend our apologies for your recent experience when staying here with us .
I assure you that your experience with Customer Service is not in the standard of Hidden valley Resort and we are disappointed in the lack of attention towards this particular situation.
We have made certain that your issues were shared with all departments and understood this was not an acceptable incidence.
The management and staff hope you will allow us the opportunity to confirm our dedication in customer service and hospitality at Hidden Valley Resort and would appreciate your consideration of returning so we can demonstrate the true Hidden Valley experience you and all our valued guests should have .

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed here a couple of years ago on Family Day weekend and did not have the greatest experience. We went back due to the great location (walking distance to the skil hill) and the affordability. We had a much better stay this time around. The rooms were fine and very clean. Housekeeping was very timely with polite service. We had an issue with the restaurant last time around with slow service, however this year they offered a buffet which made the experience much more manageable given we had such a large group (approx. 20). I also used the fitness centre which while small, was more than adequate. Overall, we had a wonderful time. Thanks to the staff for making our stay a good one.

Room Tip: A room looking towards the lake is the most scenic. A first floor room is good for access to the po...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest ,
I want to thank you for your review of Hidden Valley Resort.
I am appreciative that you decided to return even after a less than positive stay last time.
Obviously with new owners and management we have managed to instill in all our staff the importance of superior customer service, facilities, guest rooms and our dining room.
We are constantly upgrading, renovating and listening to our guests as to their needs for a
enjoyable stay at Hidden Valley resort , I hope you will return yet again to find us the perfect location for accommodation, facilities, affordability and great service.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the Family Day weekend.
Room 204 was great, clean, everything worked, and a view to die for!! Nice balcony for the summer.
We really appreciated the indoor pool temperature (especially being middle if winter), nice and warm.
We are snowmobilers so this location was extremely convenient, just drive onto the lake and the trail is right there. (And I can strongly recommend a 20 minute ride to the Moose Cafe and Grille for breakfast.)
Internet kind of sucked at times, TV channels were plentiful (and nice big TV). Heated floor in the bathroom!
Parking is a bit of a problem, they obviously need more spaces during busy times.
Across the road is skiing, very convenient (although we didn't ski).
Restaurant has nice atmosphere and great view, but food and service was average.
Overall this hotel/resort was great and we'll be back for sure.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank raggarbil

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for your recent review of Hidden valley Resort and I am pleased that you found our hotel clean, comfortable and our pool warm for swimming on a cold winter day.
The location as you pointed out is perfect for access for skiing and snowmobiles who want to leave directly across Peninsula Lake and indeed the view from some rooms and in our restaurant
is amazing. Apologies for the internet access and we have now dealt with this issue so guests can enjoy the free wifi at all times.
We strive in all our departments to give excellent customer service and I am sorry your experienced less than that in our restaurant and average food. I share all guest comments with our staff so that issues can be dealt with promptly.
Hopefully you will return to Hidden Valley resort again where we will strive to make everything
a truly positive experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville
Deerhurst Resort
Deerhurst Resort
#3 of 18 in Huntsville
Algonquin Lakeside Inn

Been to Hidden Valley Resort? Share your experiences!