“Pure Italian Food near Algonquin Provincial Park”

That Little Place by the Lights
Ranked #1 of 85 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We entered this restaurant with a huge appetite. We were able to sit down where we wanted and sat by the window. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. We choose mushroom ravioli and it was so superb! For dessert we ordered gelato, the best ice-cream in the whole town! Interestingly enough, my son only wanted water to drink. She brought him a bottle filled with water. This is sure a terrific idea! I would recommend this gem to anyone!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner, great service and great food. I am gluten free and all of their pastas were available in gluten free. I had the gnocci with their homemade sauce. Amazing!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

This little place has been our favourite after only living in the Huntsville area for under one year. As always the food was excellent on this past Saturday evening. We took our guests from Montreal there to celebrate. What a disappointment and shock our waitress was. She made us feel unwelcome and her attitude was totally unacceptable. We felt as though we were bothering her and she definitely ruined our evening. Even though we have loved this place in the past we will not be returning.

3  Thank michelerioux49
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We were looking for a place to eat recently while in Huntsville and decided to try That Little Place by the Lights as we noticed it was very popular. I now know two things:
1) It was popular because the food was superb! I would heartily recommend this restaurant to any and all! True homemade italian food, excellently made, superb taste and served with a flair!
2) Because it is so popular you must have patience because you WILL wait for it. We took our chance with no reservation and waited for an hour - it would have been longer had we not been a small party of only two. Even those with reservations waited as every seat was taken with no less than 25 other people waiting at any given time. (Even though it was pouring rain, they all continued to wait patiently for their turn, a testament to the great food!)
Granted, it is busier in the summer than the winter. I'm hoping this wonderful restaurant will expand and employ one of the local designers in the area to make their space look as special as the food was. Ambiance is definitely an area this eatery could do better in - let's see if they take this advice by next summer, when I will definitely return with eager tastebuds!
It takes a lot for me to give such an excellent rating to Italian food, as I have high expectations in this category, but That Little Place by the Lights definitely earned the rating! Congratulations!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

The place was packed on a Tuesday night. We had to wait for 20 minutes when we arrived around 7:30 PM. We ordered for dinner: Mamma Anna's pizza, Annie's famous lasagna, frutti di mare and spaghetti friulano with extra meat balls.
The pizza was OK, the lasagna was salty, but otherwise soft and tasty. The frutti di mare was the best entree. The spaghetti was good as well, though we found nothing special about the meat balls. Portions were decent. The atmosphere was friendly. Service was fast.
The next day, we tried the gelato: very good as well. We definitely would come back the next time we visit Huntsville.