“Not The Place To Stop At”
Review of The Mill on Main

The Mill on Main
Ranked #13 of 83 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2012

On our way to Deep River on Sept. 28th we stopped at the Mill on Main for lunch. It was only okay. Their menu is very limited and a lot of the choice was Asian cuisine. My partner order their club sandwich panini which fell apart after the first two bites ... and he ended up eating it with a knife and fork because he could not pick it up. He also had a caesar salad which was nothing but lettuce and dressing! I did not know what to order as I was not in the mood for Asian food. The server did not tell us the specials but while she was at another table I heard her saying that there was a BLT with soup on special. That caught my attention and I ordered it. My sandwich was dry and I had to ask for extra mayo. When the server brought it out she mentioned that the chef had said that he had already put some on my sandwich ... obviously not enough for my taste and there was very little. I don't think the bread had been buttered either. The soup was tasty ... a little on the spicy side but had good pieces of potato and carrots and a little bit of chicken in it. I also had ordered a green tea which came in a very small pot so it quickly was gone and I did ask for more hot water but never received it. And no they were not busy! Also had to ask for water which you think they would automatically serve in a restaurant that serves very spicy food. Overall we wished we had picked a different restaurant to stop at for our lunch whilst travelling ... lesson learned ... on our way back we stopped again in Huntsville but chose a restaurant down the road which was excellent! If you want to know which one ... read my reviews!! .... one more thing ... their benches are very uncomfortable ... I am a small person and had a hard time staying on them, I can't imagine if you were a bigger person!

1  Thank Summerpls
There are newer reviews for The Mill on Main

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were happy to find several gluten free choices on the menu. Had a wonderful salad with duck slices on it. We also enjoyed sitting on the outdoor patio.

2  Thank BiffSr
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I REALLY enjoyed Curry Poutine and the Beef Tenderloin, WOW. Pricey but good!! I liked the cool things hanging on the walls and there is alot of parking out back. DId I say the Poutine was incredible

4  Thank ashley04
Reviewed August 21, 2012

A group of 7 visited this restaurant on Sunday August 12--my 20 year old daughter had heard it was a good spot. I checked trip advisor and had read some negative reviews so I had reservations! We changed our reservations from inside to outside when the weather was so lovely and were NOT made to feel this was an inconvenience! Our waitress was attentive but not hovering! She was very knowledgeable about ALL food items on the menu! We had some appetizers and each enjoyed a sumptuous meal. We each enjoyed our choices and were so full we shared one dessert! The cheesecake was "to die for". There are 2 popular eating spots down the street on the water but next time you are in Huntsville-maybe give the Mill a try! Our group does not think you will be disappointed!!

5  Thank hessmom
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The best Thai/Vietnamese meal I have ever had. I strongly recommend the Pad Thai. Great outdoor patio. Friendly staff. Prices expected per person are between $30-40 (with a drink).

6  Thank Robyn T