“Exceeded my expectations!”
Review of Tulip Inn

Tulip Inn
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This cute motel close to Huntsville, Ontario was a pleasant surprise. A friend and I were just looking at a reasonably priced place for one night and thought we'd check this place out based on the good reviews it had online in multiple websites. Gotta say we were impressed with how well-kept this place was, the rooms were particularly clean and the place in general had a positive, chilled atmosphere about it that was just great!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank MishoMo
There are newer reviews for Tulip Inn

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My family and I have been staying at the Tulip Inn now for over 10 years when we go to Hunstville for our annual reunion. They are very accomodating with everything that we have asked for. In the last 3 years we have actually been holding our reunion in front of the cottage and they have done everything they can to help us with everything we have needed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have stayed numerous times at the Tulip Inn just on the north edge of the town of Huntsville and have to say it is one of my favorite places to stay when I'm up in that area. They allow pets free of charge. The rooms are exceptionally clean - you wouldn't think they allow pets its so clean!! They have a great range of accommodations from a room with twin beds all the way up to a beautiful semi-secluded cabin. There are even rooms with kitchens. There is a great picnic area in the back along the Big East River (great for fishing with kids) with a small beach that is very private and safe. They provide numerous barbecues for the guests to use free of charge. Everything is modern and very well kept with free wireless internet. The owners - Zalina and Kelly are very friendly and welcoming. With their great rates and welcoming atmosphere, I don't need to look anywhere else when I want to visit Algonquin Park or just ride my ATV on some of the best trails in the near north which are just minutes away....We love staying at the Tulip Inn. John McGrath

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband & I have been coming to Tulip Inn for many years. The place is very clean and comfortable and it is conveniently right off the highway. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is swimming and canoeing down the river where one can spend the entire day hanging out and be carefree. We had a simply lovely time and enjoyed every minute of our stay every year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 2000Trip
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It was a nice place, clean and comforatable, and a good price. We rented the cottage--it has two bedrooms with queen beds so easily four people can sleep. Then they also had two portable folded beds that you could place into the living room at night, which would tchnically allow you to sleep an additional two people (although the living room and kitchen are open spaces, so you don't really have any privacy if you are sleeping in the living room). We wanted to spend time at Algonquin Park, which is about a 20 mintue drive to the entrance---but the park is very large, so it could be 45 minute drive or longer to wherever you need to go. I thought it was bit far, and I would have liked to be closer to Algonquin Park, just given the time involved in rounding up six of us into the car and having to drive there and back each day. But, the Tulip Inn itself was fine--not fancy at all; when we pulled into the place our first impression was apprehension, and it was next to a fairly busy road, so you don't feel like you are really secluded in the woods (which is what I had hoped for). But overall it turned out fine. The people are nice and it is convenient for a family; there is a grocery store about 10 minutes away, and the kitchen was stocked with enough things (plates, pots, pans, microwave, etc.) that we could easily make meals for the family. There is a little grassy area and path, along with a little lake or river, for the kids/dogs to play. It was nice.

Room Tip: Get the cottage!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

rented the cottage recently. came home with sore back - time to buy new beds and pillows perhaps? Had I any idea it was so close to hwy 11 no way I would have booked. breakfast nothing but cereal and bad coffee. Iwould be embarrassed to be so chintzy and charge 200 a night. guess it's true that if you are not willing to spend over 300 nightly then all you can expect is a dingy and highway noisy establishment with ugly bedrooms and industrial toilet paper. also, unless you are perfectly able-bodied forget about getting to beach without tripping. this place was such a huge disappointment that I will never rent anywhere again unless it is over the top expensive.What is with the good reviews anyways - where do these people live? maybe they should raise their expectations!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else. If this property is rated 3 out of 17 then forget about Huntsville altogether.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 861anonymous
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at the Tulip Inn with my husband and a few friends and totally enjoyed my stay. It was a little hidden getaway where you could relax and have all of your needs taken care of. The Inn offered a ton of fun things to do such as bbq, play games and even had a cute private beach. It was wonderful to be able to walk on the beach, get the sand between your toes and take a little swim knowing you only have to walk a minute or two to get back to your room. The property was beautiful, clean and inviting and i loved the many flowers all over the plaçe. I am not usually comfortable sleeping in motels because I am always worried about cleanliness but it was very clean. It was spotless to be exact which helped me enjoy the weekend even more. The managers were exceptionally friendly and helpful and made sure all of our needs were met. They provided everything we needed and went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our stay down to providing a toothbrush for my husband who forgot to pack his. This stay at the Inn was one of the highlights of our summer and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2013