“Travelling with a dog? You've found your place!”
Review of Tally Ho Inn

and 1 more site!
Tally Ho Inn
Ranked #10 of 22 Huntsville B&B and Inns
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Travelling with a dog? You've found your place!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife completed her second 28 Kilometre Limberlost Challenge this past weekend, and we, together with our 100 lbs. cane corso Isabella, have stayed at the Tally Ho both times. Each time we stayed in the private bungalow called the Nook and found it to have everything we needed, and more. There is a small fridge, coffee maker and microwave in the unit. It doesn't have a kitchenette, but as the resort prepared our breakfasts and dinners, we didn't need one. The staff simple went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcome. Our delicious Friday and Saturday night dinners and Sunday breakfast were prepared so as to allow all three of us to eat on the outside patio. Knowing we had to leave early Saturday a.m. for the race, we were provided with hearty breakfasts to go the night before. We haven't been there any other time but summer, but the quaint and clean bungalow has a large stone fireplace in the open bedroom/living room. The patio doors lead to a private deck overlooking the beach. There is a jacuzzi/shower in the ample bathroom. The Inn acts like a beacon for us on Highway 60 where the Limberlost Road starts, but Huntsville is only 10 clicks away. If you want privacy and a reasonably priced Muskoka experience, or are travelling with a dog - big or small, this is your place!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Bob T

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This gem of a hotel offers a quiet, friendly environment. We had the Honeymoon Cottage which gave us a private, bungalow with a double jacouzzi bath, coffe maker, microwave, small fridge, and best of all a deck that overlooks Pennisula Lake. The cabin was spotless, safe and was cleaned every day. We had exceptional weather and extended our stay by one day. The waterfront was terrific. Boats, waterskiing, and swimming was wonderful. The biggest surprise was the food. It very much exceeded our expectations. Fresh vegies grown on the property were served every day...all organic!

This gem of a holliday hotel gave us the privacy and quiet we wanted as well as the opportunity to
Meet some interesting people. We will return.

Room Tip: Waterfront cottages are best.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marilyn W
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We spent four days in Nune, at Tally-Ho Inn, in the delightful 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom Westview cottage, on the Modified American Plan.

We had a neat, clean cottage with packages of coffee for the coffee maker, elaborate & delicious breakfast and dinner, maid service, free WiFi, free boats to use (paddle boats, kayaks, etc.), lots of games (pool table, tennis, basketball, swings, etc.), lots of firewood and very, very friendly hosts.

The property is huge (takes two days to mow the lawn) with lots of shoreline, piers and fishing.

Our daily diary is here:

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pjPonzo
Lindsay, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for a mid-week getaway with our dog just after Family Day weekend. It wasn't busy there at all, but that was ok with us, we enjoyed the quiet. The staff was amazing. Very attentive, warm and friendly and were a joy. They definitely know how to make people feel welcome. We enjoyed the dinners and breakfasts there. It was comfort food and it hit the spot after a cold, busy day out photographing wildlife in the provincial park nearby. I thought a nice touch was that they grow their own food in the summer and there was enough to freeze over the winter. I thought that was great! I also enjoyed the homemade pickled beets and relishes. :) The cabin was basic, but neat as a pin and just perfect for our needs. I loved the wood burning fireplace as well. We will definitely be back again. I can't wait! :D

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Monkey_n_Menace
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I just got back from a great weekend getaway at the Tally Ho Inn.
The day before we left for Tally Ho I emailed and asked if we could check in early. They responded saying to contact them after 9 pm and if our unit wasn't rented out that night, we could arrive early. Well, later that night they emailed me to let me know they hadn't rented it and we were welcome to come in early. I htought that was very thoughtful of them to notify me like that.
We arrived around 1:30 Friday afternoon. Check in was friendly and easy. My only complaint, and this carried through the weekend is that we were just asked what we wanted for dinner, given some choices but there was no menu. We found it tough to choose when there was no description of the meals choices (ie you could have salmon, or pickerel or trout or pork, but no idea how any of them are prepared, sauces, sides etc). I chose steak, my husband chose trout, that's all we knew we were getting. I would rate the food as ok, nothing special but certainly no complaints either.
We stayed in #27 the nook. It was a fantastic little cottage with a great view of the lake. We foudn that this resort thught of alot of little details. There were piles of good dry wood ready for us when we arrived. The cottage was very clean, had a mini fridge and microwaves, kettle and coffee maker. The bathroom was nice, no complaints at all. Tally Ho paid alot of attention to cottage placement and where the decks are to maximize privacy.
We found lots of places to go for walks. There was a roadhouse across the road so we went and had a couple of drinksthere. Tally Ho is not licensed but we brought our own drinks to dinner and they welcome that.
The breakfasts were good, service is quick and efficient.
Check out in the morning was also quick and easy.
I would defnitely recommend Tally Ho to anyone wanting a realxing weekend away on a beautiful lake.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mboyle
Toronto
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have been speaning 3 days/2 nighst with few of my good friends. We took 2 houese and the house where I stayed was a one bedroom house with separated living/diningroom which was well-equipped with TV set, mini-fridge, a full-size sofa bed, fireplace and a decent size of bathroom. If you are not looking at fancy hotel or places where you will have full room-services, this inn is a good place for you to stay for a weekend.

Meal-plan: They provide breakfast and 4 courses dinner in a very decent portion size from 830-930am in the morning and 730-830pm respectively everyday. If you want to sleep-in or have a late dinner instead, you may always inform the chef there and they would usually do their best to accomodate your needs.

Activities: We don't find there are much to do around the Inn site in the beginning. We spent quite a lot of time hanging out in the area by the lake and inside our own unit. We got a lot of tiem to mingle and relax here and there. The view around teh Inn site is however spendid and lovely enough for us to spend a very relaxing afternoon there with our own bring-in snacks and drinks whethere we were inside or out.

Recommendation: I would definitely go back and spend a weekend or two there again. It was just a very refreshing expeience of staying in thsi inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank PollycToronto
Hamilton, ON
Reviewed September 3, 2012

my family and I stayed here for the last week in August. It was a very quiet week, but the place was nice. There were lots of free things to do - water ski, kayak, canoe, paddle boats, basketball, shuffle board, horse shoes. We even took the pontoon ride for $6. Was a nice ride around the lake for about 1.5 hrs. We didn't take advantage of the meal plans, but we did go for breakfast one morning. I didn't think my juice, fruit cup (which I had to ask for), 2 slices of bacon, egg and toast (which I had to make) was worth $6.50. The cottage we rented, Castledown #20, was nice enough for the 3 of us. It had all the dishes, pots, pans, cutlery, etc. provided. We basically brought our own food and salt and pepper !! There was even a bbq for us to use with propane free of charge.
I'm told that if we were there earlier in the summer (mid-July to mid-August), it would have been much busier and more for the kids to do.
All in all, it was a nice place, very relaxing and the weather was spectacular.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PeachInHamilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Comfort Inn Huntsville
The Lake of Bays Lodge
Arrowhead Inn
Arrowhead Inn
#12 of 22 in Huntsville

Been to Tally Ho Inn? Share your experiences!