We stayed two nights in mid December, during a major snow fall. The owners and staff were wonderful to deal with. They were were friendly and very helpful. It was nice to find a resort where our small dog was welcome as well. The price was extremely reasonable and included a sumptuous breakfast. If you like the ambience of an old historic inn, you will absolutely love this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Portage Inn Bed & Breakfast (1889), owned by authors Nancy and Sidney Kirkpatrick, sits on a beautiful 5 acre waterfront property on Peninsula Lake in Huntsville Muskoka Ontario. Each room has a large full bathroom of its own en-suite. One room has a view of the lake and another has a large jacuzzi tub. Traditional breakfasts are provided but special diets are available upon request. Also on the property is a chalet that sleeps up to 13 with 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2 kitchens and 2 living/dining rooms as well as a Muskoka Room, laundry room and 2 decks looking over the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Portage Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portage Inn And Cottages
- Portage Inn & Cottages Hotel Huntsville
- Portage Inn & Cottages Huntsville, Ontario