Our stay at Portage Inn was one of the outstanding highlights of a tour of southern Ontario. The house itself has a lovely feel, with fascinating, inviting corners at every turn, and the setting, with its beautiful lake view, is unforgettable. It is, however, the presence of Sid and Nancy that gives the place its life: what an engaging pair they are - warm, generous, good-humoured. Sid's initial tour of the grounds was an absolute hoot, and breakfast on the patio the following morning was one of those quietly joyful occasions which one simply doesn't want to end. We had things to do, and places to go, but it was only with great reluctance that we dragged ourselves away from this place and its presiding spirits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Portage Inn Bed & Breakfast (1889), owned by authors Nancy and Sidney Kirkpatrick, sits on a beautiful 5 acre waterfront property on Peninsula Lake in Huntsville Muskoka Ontario. Each room has a large full bathroom of its own en-suite. One room has a view of the lake and another has a large jacuzzi tub. Traditional breakfasts are provided but special diets are available upon request. Also on the property is a chalet that sleeps up to 13 with 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2 kitchens and 2 living/dining rooms as well as a Muskoka Room, laundry room and 2 decks looking over the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Portage Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portage Inn And Cottages
- Portage Inn & Cottages Hotel Huntsville
- Portage Inn & Cottages Huntsville, Ontario