“40th Nursing Reunion”
Review of The Briars Spa

The Briars Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located in the historic Briars Inn, in Jacksons Point, ON - The Briars Spa is a country oasis just an hour from downtown Toronto. With picturesque views of Lake Simcoe, The Briars Spa offers an escape from the every day. Luxuriate in the calming atmosphere of a traditional country inn while you revitalize your mind, body and spirit. Featuring a full menu of services and packages to suit every need - including epilation services, massage, aromatherapy and holistic treatments, and custom facials and skin care treatments.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Our nursing group were recently at the The Briars for our 40th nursing reunion and it was wonderful. The cottages were clean and well appointed although they are old. The dining experience was delicious and we had our dinners in a room all to ourselves so we were not disturbed and we did not disturb other guests. The menu was varied and chosen ahead of time by the group organizing the event with the event organizer at the Briars. The event organizer Kae bent over backwards the whole time we were planning the event to accomodate many requests and late registrations and multiple requirements. I do not know of any other resort in Ontario that would have done all the things that we asked for. The meals were delicious and served well.We as a group had people who arrived late for both dinners and that did hold things up and the resort did not complain to any of the reunion organizers about this. Breakfast and lunch were buffet style both meals and I arrived at 8AM for every breakfast and can assure anyone that there was a varied choice every morning including fresh eggs scramled and in omelete form, pancakes cereal hot and cold along wilth meat for those who like meat at breakfast . Lunch choices were as varied and as delicious. The resort provided a shuttle service to and from our accomodations and our social room at any time to the main building. This resort is my choice for this type of event as it is a much more personal touch than a hotel or conference centre and I have attended events at both. The resort has ramps in many places to accomodate those who are physically challenged. Many thumbs up to the Briars!!

1  Thank Ricarda B
"birthday"
"relaxation"
"whirlpool"

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Friend and I booked a spa day. We usually go to Elmwood but wanted a city escape and thought of the briars. The treatments were wonderful. Massage, facial, manicure. Overall it wasn't much of a spa day. In between you wait in a waiting room. Photos online show the Briars on the water so I thought it would have great views. No, the spa waiting room was inside with a small window. No view at all. You had to pay extra if you wanted to walk the grounds or go to the waterfront.

Our lunch experience was interesting. The Briars has a pub restaurant. Terrible service, we listened to the wait staff sucking their teeth and clearing their throat as we ate. At the spa they said lunch in our robes was fine. I felt a bit uncomfortable and out of place. We were the only ones in robes. The seating area is right by the reception where people walk through. Everyone glanced in as they walked by.

Going in for a spa service and then leaving is what I would recommend.
I won't be returning.

5  Thank hogan3490
Reviewed August 31, 2013

First and last time there. Maintence very poor, doors would shut, peeling paint in the pool, mould at the bootom of showers, want to leave early, oh no, you lose your $200 deposit, only place in the world that does that, probably because too many people want to leave early. A serious upgrade needed to warrant the price they charge

2  Thank lefty770
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I love the scents as you enter the spa. It's lovely to sit in the quiet room before and after your treatment and just clear your mind. I've had several of the treatments and they were all great.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Briars used to be one of the best places to visit. They have a golf course on the property, small chalets beautiful grounds. The place is so run down that the buttons on the elevators are loose and they appear that they are going to fall off. Old Old Old. Everything needs to be changed and up graded. The owners are not spending any money to keep the beauty of this place. What is wrong with these people!!!!! The spa services are terrible. The manager acts likes she doesn't care, and is there just to receive her pay check.
They kep me waiting 25 mins, because the RMT forgot her schedule, so they say!

4  Thank Lisa B